Saturday, October 11, 2008

Week 7 Football Thoughts

Here are a few thoughts after week 7 of the college football season:
  • I love USC.  Every game I watch is filled with amazing stats that pay tribute to the rich history and tradition that is Trojan Football.  As one commentator put it today, "The walls drip with history."
  • BYU is one of 8 unbeaten teams.  If they keep this up, they are definitely deserving of a major BCS bowl bid.  In fact, 4 of the 8 unbeaten teams (BYU, Utah, Ball State and Boise State) are non-BCS schools!  Keep it up!  Down with the BCS!
  • Even though they lost, Notre Dame is looking good or at least better.  I have always loved Notre Dame.  I know, I know.  That doesn't seem right to like USC and Notre Dame, but in my mind it goes back to the history and traditions.  If you love college football and it's heritage, you have to like Notre Dame.  I am still not sold on Charlie Weis, but the kids are playing ball...it's about time!
  • The polls are screwy again this year.  I hope three of the non-BCS teams go undefeated this year, then there may be some big stink again about how the BCS can't get it right.  
  • I admit the SEC is still stacked, but the Big XII is where it is at this year!  This conference is legit with teams like OU, Texas, Mizzou, Kansas, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech.  The less I have to hear about the SEC, the better.
  • I was happy to see OU lose to Texas.  It would have been disappointing to see yet another very talented Oklahoma team advance to the national championship game only to lay another big freaking egg!  Bob Stoops and Jim Tressel can not coach big time games out of conference!!!
  • As much as I like Cougar football, I still don't think a very talented unbeaten BYU should advance beyond a one loss Big XII or SEC team.  Comparing schedules would be like comparing apples to oranges....no....apples to a rabid wart hog!  SC's schedule is fairly soft this year, but their opponents so far have a combined 18-13 record with only one team having a losing record.  BYU's schedule is mega soft this year, with their opponents combining for a 12-24 record with only one team (Division 2) owning a winning record.  
  • Michigan BLOWS!!!!  Sorry, Randy.  I am not a Wolverine hater, but this is getting pathetic!
  • It appears BYU and Utah are headed for a collision course.  Both teams better not look ahead, they both still have TCU before meeting at the end of the year at Rice-Eccles stadium. 
  • And my final thought....football Saturday just isn't the same with out a big ole' fat coke in my hand!
Fight On!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We may blow, but our helmets are cooler than yours. So there!

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

haha. You know I love you, bro! I make it clear again, I like Michigan. I am just stumped at how awful they are this year. I still can't understand what the heck is on their helmets!

Anonymous said...

You don't understand their helmets because you don't understand tradition. Their winged helmets are meant to resemble the leather helmets of old. The marks reflect the leather bindings on the old helmets. Its also probably the most copies football helmet amongst high schools. I can think of three locally that use it. We are MICHIGAN! Even in our worst year....and this is it, everyone still wants to be us.
USC is gangsta paradise. It makes a fine JC.

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Oh, my friend. You live in a bubble of self delusion!