Here is the letter I wrote to Caitlin:
Caitlin, We love you. You are such an amazing person. We are so blessed to have not only received Leah from you, but to have had the opportunity to have gotten to know you, her mother. With each visit, phone call and text, we have been impressed with you. We understand you made a mistake and we are so happy that you have allowed us to be part of the solution to this mistake. Truthfully, I don't think there has ever been a more precious and beautiful mistake made in the history of the world as Leah. We will ever be so grateful that you made the right decision to place Leah for adoption. This is such a selfless and caring thing you did. We are even more grateful that you chose us to raise this wonderful gift from God. We are flattered that your resolve that we should raise her was strengthened and confirmed after meeting us.
I explained to you that giving us Leah was the greatest thing I think has ever happened to Sarah and I as a family. The second greatest thing was allowing us to spend the last three days with you. What a wonderful thing it will be that we can share with Leah just how special you are. That we know you like a friend and family member, enough so that we can speak to her with first hand knowledge that you loved her and that you knew we would love her also. There will be no assumptions.
Leah will know of your love for your family. She will know you smile often. She will understand your love of all things outdoors, swimming, eighties music and such. She will know of your loving mother and father, your sister and your Grandmother that oozes "grandma-ness". She will know how strong you are; physically, emotionally and mentally. You have so many wonderful traits that she will hear of. We hope she inherits much of who you are.
Caitlin, learn from your mistakes. Do not duplicate them. Understand that your parents love you as well as a very loving Heavenly Father. I don't want to get churchy, as it is not my style, but I do know that He knows you personally. He cares for you and wants you to reach your highest potential. He knows that your potential is higher than you may believe. If you ever doubt your worth, place your trust in your parents and in Leah's parents that you have infinite worth. Never doubt that.
Regardless of what form of contact we have from here on out, we will always....ALWAYS remember you. I love Sarah more than anyone in the world. The thought of harm or unhappiness in her life seriously disturbs me. I didn't think I could feel that way about any other person. In just a few days, I can say I feel that way about Leah already. I love her so much. Sarah loves her so much. It is weird to me to think back four days ago I had two favorite ladies in my life, Sarah and my Mother. Today, that group has doubled by adding Leah and you to that list.
Caitlin, chances are, you will not read this blog. I wish I could explain better how I feel, but words do not do justice. We love you so much. We wish peace and happiness in your life. You will always be in our thoughts and prayers.
5 comments:
Marque~ This was writen so well, I think so many of us feel the same way, Caitlin has blessed your home in so many way's I know Heavenly father will bless her in return,
We love you all so much and are so excited to meet this new little lady in your life!!
Beautifully written! Caitlin knows she has made the right choice. It's obvious and she will be blessed!! You all will be blessed!
This is beautiful. I hope you will send it to Caitlin so there is no doubt that she will receive it. There will be times, no doubt, that she will question her decision...probably every October 15th for example....but if she could take out a letter like this it will serve to reaffirm her decision.
On a side note, I am so blessed and honored to stand beside Sarah, Caitlin, and Leah as the women in your life. I'm so proud of you son!
Beautiful.
You guys are awesome and so is Caitlyn.
Good luck Caitlyn.
She has to be a such a strong, and intelligent person to make such a selfless choice.
Congratulations!!
Wow! I have tears just reading this.. your guys' blog is stinkin the cutest ever! Your little girl sure is a cutie! I am really happy for you guys! Congrats
Post a Comment