Thursday, October 2, 2008

18 Days....But Who's Counting?!

Tonight we had the opportunity to have dinner with Caitlin and her parents, Tom and Nancy, at Cabela's. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Caitlin is super cool! We sure love her. She gave us some booties that she and her mother knitted. We gave her two cards from our mothers and a questionnaire so that we can get to know her better. She is starting to feel uncomfortable and a bit of pain. She had a doctor's appointment yesterday and the dr. said she could deliver any day now. She is dilated to a 1.5 and her body is getting ready. He says everything is looking good. Caitlin is very nervous about the delivery and I am sure somewhat scared. We told her we would call her every day from vacation to find out how she was doing. We also asked her to call us whenever she gets scared or nervous. Seriously, what an awesome girl. We always have a good conversation with her parents...maybe too awesome. At times I feel we are doing all the talking about us or them when we should be talking about Caitlin! Well, now comes the impossible task of trying to have fun at the SC game and Disneyland while worrying about Caitlin and when she will go into labor. I never thought I would wonder if watching SC or going to Disneyland would be fun!?

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

eeeek! I am nervous and excited for you guys! The countdown begins!

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

Go and have fun one last time together! Cuz pretty soon you two are going to be PARENTS!!!! YAHOO!!

Leslie said...

17 days.....and I'm definitely counting! But....sounds like it may be less. I'm anxious to hug you tonight!!!!

Baby Boo, I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Im so excited Mom was just telling me about this blog and how Catilin was doing, as I started to cry tears of joy for you all I decited to go online and read the update, Im so excited for the both of you, Maybe with in the next two weeks or so you will be a new MOMMY and DADDY!!! We love you guys and can't wait to give big HUGS!!!!

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Who wrote that last entry?

SingledOut4 said...

Having your first baby is so exciting - all of them are but the first is so special. I'm so excited for you both. You will do great!

Laurie

Amy Lynn said...

So exciting! These are the hardest days...I hate the waiting game. But it will be blissful and wonderful and really sleep deprived before you know it! When do we get to throw the big obnoxious baby shower party??