It appears that there was one last twist and turn to this roller coaster ride! We are excited to announce that Caleb McGavin has arrived, only he is Leah Caitlin Bliss! That is right! He is a She!!!! We will share more details tomorrow, when it isn't 2:40 in the morning. For now, hopefully this is sufficient. She was born at 8:29pm after a relatively easy labor (easy for me to say). Both Caitlin's are healthy and resting peacefully. Leah is 19 1/2 inches long, 6 lbs 3 oz, dark blond hair and is quiet and as cute as could possibly be! We love her so much already. There is sooooo much to share, but it truly will have to wait until tomorrow. Thank you all for the love and support.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
33 comments:
Congrats!!!! She is beautiful. We are so happy for you!! Pete and Dana
How exciting!! I couldn't sleep and was just hoping for an update and what a surprise! I'm so happy for you both. I've heard of ultrasounds being wrong and a "girl" turning out to be a boy, but never this way around. What a fun surprise. Girls are the best! (of course I'm not impartial because I have nothing to compare it to) I can't wait to hear more.
I KNEW you would have some pictures posted no matter what time your head hit the pillow.
When I click on them I see the whole story written in your damp eyes and large smiles.
Marque, Sarah I love you more than words can say and I am so grateful that the Lord has blessed you so beautifully through Caitlin. (Thank you, thank you Caitlin)
Gramma is already so in love with my new little princess! You are such a blessing to all our lives little Leah Caitlin Bliss Trosper.
The next question is: When do you get to take Leah home? Guess we have to re-outfit that nursery, huh?
That is so awesome. We are so excited for you guys!!!
YEEEEEPPPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found your blog but lost your phone number from when we ran into you both at the bakery.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found your blog but lost your phone number from when we ran into you both at the bakery.
HOLY COW!!!!! I was just kidding! Sunday when we were visiting and I was telling you "You just watch, "He" will come out a "She"..." I wasn't serious. That is so funny.
I will come and get all those boy jammies and take them back. I am also secretly excited cuz we've got the "girl" newborn pics down and lots of headbands!!! :o)
She is beautiful! Even if we have to cancel our dinner plans.... We are thrilled for you. Keep the posts coming!
We are sooo excited for you!! She is so cute! Your patience has finially payed off. She is beautiful. You guys will make the BEST parents. Welcome to the newest member of the neighborhood.
Congrats Q and Sarah we love you guys so much and are so happy for you. When you called last night I couldn't believe it what a turn of events. Caitlin we love you and are praying for you. Welcome Leah we can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS do you need any help painting that room?!!
Yeah Welcome Leah!!! Can't wait to meet you! I am still amazed he turned out to be a girl!!! What a twist! Yeah for pink. We love you guys!!!
Congrats that is so exciting! That is quite a twist to your story
CONGRTAULATIONS!!!!!Every new parent deserves a surprise and Ohhh what a surprise! Welcome to your new world Leah. I am so excited for you guys!
What a suprise! didn't see that one coming. I'm so excited to meet Leah. I'm making her some bows today! Congrats.
Congratulations!! Those pictures are great. We're so excited for both of you and we're looking forward to meeting her!!
Congrats. Looks like everyone has been waiting anxiously! I was cracking up when I read the he was a girl!! I´m always sure that is going to happen to me. You guys are so blessed and will be great parents. Congrats again!
Congratulations to a wonderful family. Leah's great grandma called and told me the wonderful news. Love to you all! Auntie Lyn
I have been following your family through my closest friend KCKanenwisher... Being a adotive mom myself of an AH-MaZing 8 month baby boy. I am thrilled for you! Congratulation on your beautiful daughter.
Yeah! COngrats! She's perfect!
Hooray! We are so happy for you guys.
You have all been on my mind all day, I knew you would have pictures on before you went to bed so I took a peek before work, but didn't have the time to comment so I will know, Im so happy for you both Jim and I can't wait to meet our little neice Leah, she is beautiful, Im so glad Sarah had the chance to stay the night at the hospital and bond with Leah for the first 24 hours and poor Marque who was home staring at the ceiling not sleeping, We love you both or should I say all three and can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks!!! Yeah think pink!!! or maybe purple. Hugs,Sam
how exciting, and what a fun surprise. I bet you guys had a great laugh! so much for sonograms!
I'm so very happy for you both,
she is one lucky little girl!
will be fun to meet her
love to you both
What wonderful news!!!!! I am really happy to hear about your newest family member. Love the name Leah (loved the name Caleb too, obviously...but it doesn't work for a girl!) Congrats Mom and Dad!
Yay! She is such a beautiful girl! I am super excited for you guys. Congrats!
I am so happy to hear you are finally a mommy and daddy. I can't believe she's a girl. Looks like you are going to have to learn to do hair Marque :)
Let me know if you guys need anything. Congratulations.
Leah is a day old and there is so much ahead...for all of you. It reminded me of this poem by Carol Lynn Pearson
Day Old Child
My day old child lay in my arms,
With my lips against "her" ear,
I whispered strongly 'How I wish
I wish that you could hear
I've a hundrede wonderful things to say,
(a tiny cough and nod)
Hurry, hurry and grow
I want to tell you about God.
My day old baby's mouth was still
And my words only tickled her ear,
But a kind of light passed through
"her" eyes and I say this thought appear.
"How I wish I had a voice and words
I have a hundred words to say,
Before I forget I'd tell you of God
I left him yesterday."
Leah is wiser than all of us right now, isn't she?
Congratulations!!! New babies are so wonderful. I'm excited to hear all the details, but I suspect you'll be busy holding and staring at your little girl and not have so much time to post for a while. Enjoy every moment!!!
Rhonda
She is so precious. I LOVE her name. You guys are amazing to have such a great love for Caitlin.
Now I hope you're ready for some sleepless nights!
Enjoy every minute of it!
Congratulations! What a wonderful surprise! Time to buy lots of pink. Enjoy your little girl.
Haven't seen any new updates...I keep checking back...is Leah home?
Leah is home and I plan on adding an update today. thanks for checking.
Congratulations to Marque and Sarah and to Catlin (Leah's brth mom). I am a client of Leslie's and had the opportunity of reading this story. I have worked with Adoptions in Orange County and with CPS here in San Bernardino Co. I admire the decision that Catlin made, by allowing little Leah to have such wonderful parents and a bright future. I especially admire Marque and Sarah for taking on such a special role in Leah's life. Just by reading the entire website, it is evident what a fantastic couple you are, and what wonderful families you both have. May GOD continue to bless all of you and best of life to Leah and the entire family. Thanks Leslie for sharing this wonderful experience with me. October 15th was already a special date for me, now more of a reson knowing that a sweet angel was born on that day. Sincerely. Juana Gamez
Post a Comment