I have always enjoyed studying the origin of words, phrases and sayings. It is neat to learn where certain sayings come from such as, "Riding Shotgun", "Putting Your Best Foot Forward", "Hunky Dori" and "Balls To The Wall". There is one saying that, since the last two nights, has me baffled; the term, "Slept like a baby". Obviously the person that created this term has never had a baby. To me, slept like a baby means, making noises all night, pooping your diapers, and wanting to be fed at 4am.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
A quote from Brother Lyman said it best in the trek video!! It's so true.
I know the saying doesn't make sense at all but don't tell me you don't love that time of night when you get to hold them one more time when the night is quiet and dark. My kids were all pretty good sleepers but I still enjoyed the time of snuggling them when they woke up in the night. Don't get me wrong, now that my kids are older, I don't want ANYONE waking me up - just the babies.
Yeah, that quote has always completely baffled me as well. I have never met a baby that slept "soundly"...and while I had moments where snuggling them in the middle of the night was sweet, I had more moments of utter bliss and joy snuggling them in the MORNING after they had SLEPT the whole night. Hang in there...you will sleep again!
Post a Comment