Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday To The Best Mum In The World


Happy Birthday Mother, Mom, Mum!  How do I even begin to describe my Mum.  The easy way out would be to say that my Mom is the greatest Mom in the world, but that doesn't do her justice.  The simple way out would be to say, look at me...I am just like her.  The poetic way would be to...well, recite a poem.  Unfortunately I am not a poet.  

My Mom is great.  She is the greatest.  I attribute my greatest attributes and successful qualities to her.  She always comments that she did not raise me, but that I raised her.  I don't buy it.  Either she is giving me way too much credit, as Mothers will do, or she is selling her self short.  I got my personality from my Mother.  Mom is a natural leader, loved and followed by many, and I am lucky to inherit this ability.  My social skills are from years of watching my Mother interact with others.  I learned to always see the best in life and others from my Mum.  I try to be like her by trying not to judge others and accepting them for what they are, children of God.  Unfortunately, I also got my mothers height (I don't hold it against her).  MY MOM ROCKS!!! 

I know this is my Mom's first year alone on her birthday.  I wish I was there.  Sarah wishes she was there.  I hope she knows how much we love her.  Everyone loves her so much, but I think I must love her the most.  I know I am not good at sharing all this mushy stuff with her, but I also know how much she loves it!  I hope this blog entry is sufficient.  I honestly feel incapable of expressing in words how much she means to me and how much I care about her.  I hope she finds happiness and joy in all she does.  What am I saying...of course she will.  Afterall, she is Mom.  She always blooms where she is planted.


4 comments:

Molly said...

Happy Birthday Leslie. I think she is pretty awesome too!!

Casey said...

Happy Birthday Leslie. We love you all the way out here in NC. I know I haven't known you as long as these Chino boys but I feel like I've known you my whole life. You are sweet, kind, positive and you radiate a love for others that not many people are capable of. Hope you had a great day.

hoppygirl said...

Leslie,

Happy Birthday!. Growing up I looked up to you. You were always fun and such a wonderful example to everyone. I hope to see you soon. I know you will be up to see your new grandson (whenever he decides to show up). Love you! Beth

Leslie said...

I do love this mushy stuff Marque! This is better than a poem believe me.

All day I read and re-read this. The first time I cried. I felt like I could just die happy now because my eulogy was written and it was good.

Life is incredible isn't it?! It was my first birthday alone and my last birthday was soooo big with sooo many friends so I was kind of afraid of this one. Samantha wrote such nice words on her blog,Jimmy sang me not one, but two birthday songs, Scott took me to lunch, Sarah called AND texted me...and I wasn't alone because Dad took me out to dinner....and then this incredible tribute. Unearned, undeserved but soooo appreciated.

I always thought you got your sociability from your Grandpa...how nice to think it is from me.

Thank you Molly, Casey and Beth for your sweet comments. You made me feel that maybe it wasn't just prejudice on Marque's part.

I feel very blessed....and now I have a new grandchild and I can't wait for you all to see a picture. I just did....amazing!!! I'm in love!