Friday, September 5, 2008

Time To Set The Record Straight!

1998 Jaguar MSRP $60,000
The past week I have been called "Mr. MoneyBags", "Mr. Loaded McMoneypants", "Rich Guy", etc. Why? Because I got a new car. Everyone that knows me knows I have a soft spot for European vehicles. I am not a big fan of American cars (made in the U.S., Mexico or Canada), but I love the sleek lines, advanced engineering and classy attention to detail of the European auto makers like BMW, Mercedes Benz, Jaguar, Alfa Romeo, Landrover, Saab, Audi, etc. One of my favorite rides has always been the Shaguar! I am not a fan of the 2000+ models, but the classier, longer and sleeker older models. I recently purchased a XJ8! Thus the names referring to how wealthy I must be.
4.0 Liter V8 ~ 290 horse power
Let me set the record straight. I just sold my Jeep for $23,000 I bought the Jag for $8,000. It is a 1998 with 65,000 miles. I have been watching this Jag online for three months. When I first saw it, they were asking $10,995. I think it is a good buy. It needs new wheels and a little work, but not much. Thank goodness...Jags are not cheap to repair. One person that made a reference to how "nice it must be to be able to afford that ride", was shocked when I proved that my Rangerover and Jaguar combined ($17K) cost less than their newer Chrysler! So, let it be known. While I enjoy nice cars, I enjoy being frugal even more.
The Famous Jag Hood OrnamentImmaculate and Luxurious Interior
So, when you see me cruising around town, rather than thinking "What a rich snob", maybe think to yourself, "Good for him...he found a car he likes for a pretty good deal." At least until it breaks down and costs me a fortune!!!
I love this car!
In the words of Austin Powers, "It's a Shaguar, Baby. Yeah!"

7 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

Poor Marque, do you always feel like "They're always after me lucky charms". Austin ROCKS!!!!!

BTW do you surf.. being from Calf. and all??

Timbo said...

Daddy Warbucks,

I understand. I bought my 1993 Acura Legend for $3800 (161K miles). It looks great, has had NO mechanical problems and IT IS PAID FOR! I love the white interior!

emily said...

ok. so i don't know why this always happens, but i saw you driving your fancy new car the other day by thanksgiving point...very snazzy i must say, and bonus with the good deal.

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Deena and Curtis, I am too old, fat and out of shape to surf anymore. One day I will be back out in the line up.

Timbo! A man after my own heart...Pay cash for your cars! Keep it up! That Acura has at least another 50,000 miles on it.

Emily, Are you following me? JK.

Kent said...

It might be that red silk smoking jacket you wear while driving your Jag. I think thats why people are calling you those names.

Brian said...

Always wash your hands after touching a Chrysler. Period. Doesn't matter how "new" it is.

Timbo said...

Keeping up with the comment left by Kent, Marque, are you still wearing that Ascot with your red smoking jacket, while driving the Jag? I think that you would look splindid in those!!