Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Love at First Sight


First Pic of Baby Trosper

Tonight we had the amazing experience of our first ultrasound. Here is the picture we got of the babys' face. Caitlin is getting so far along that he was kinda sqwooshed and hard to see. It was still so cool to hear his heart beat and see him on the screen. To see our baby for the first time. I hope Caitlin could tell what this experience meant to us. What joy she is bringing to our lives. I just can't get over what a perfect process this has become. Tuesday night she called us to make sure we were still going to come to the ultrasound. Can you believe that? She thanks us every time we speak to her. Our minds reel at this. She really is so grateful for us and knows that we are the right family to raise her child. Caitlin was so sweet to give us a blanket she made for him and a baby picture of her. Now we can guess what he might look like. We spent the time waiting for the doctor getting to know her better. Her favorite things. Her mom came with and was able to tell us about when Caitlin was a baby. We also discussed how they want us to be at the hospital when the baby is born, so we can give him his first bath, and Marque can change his first diaper (Marque is still not sure about that one). They want us to be there to feed him and bond with him his first day on Earth. This is all feeling more real and as we get closer I just pray we will be prepared (This is where all parents laugh and think... prepared? Ha!) Well, we can't wait for him to be here. Of course he has a lot of family and friends waiting to meet him. Wow, we are just so blessed! As we left the doctors' office tonight we talked for another half hour with Caitlin and her mom and made plans to meet them for dinner soon. Before we left Marque gave Caitlin some 80's rock CDs which she absolutely loved, and I gave her a cute necklace with two dangling wings tied to a silver chain. It was kind of punk, something I thought a 16 yr. old would like. I wrote a note to go with it that said, "...Because every angel needs wings. Thank you for being our angel."

11 comments:

Anna K. said...

I am so happy for this news! The nursery looks amazing! This is such a touching experience and I am super excited for when I can meet your little Trosper boy!

Unknown said...

Oh wow! I'm so happy for you guys.

Casey said...

OK! New rule. I am not going to read your blog without kleenex near by. What a great experience. I am so excited for you. Marque, you will LOVE changing those diapers gross and all. I only wish we could be close by. THank you so much for sharing such a personal experience with us. We at least we feel we are near through cyberspace.

Joe and Brenda Ashby said...

So glad everything went well. We pray for you daily. Can't wait to meet baby Q what a joyous day that will be.

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

Amazing is all I can say!!! Caitlin is your angel! The first bath is a very memorable experience. Make sure Marque does get the first diaper change. And make sure you get it on film!!! Can't wait to meet him.


Congrats again!!!

Rhett and Jenteal said...

Marque change a diaper, That's a good one. He looks adorable, for being a black and white photo!!!

Leslie said...

I agree with your new rule Casey. I am so dumb to read these at work then clients come in to a red-eyed, red-nosed, very proud Gramma!

Baby Boo is so precious and so very real to us now. It is just 24 days til his due date. Of course all babies don't show up till way after their due date. Little Q was 13 days late himself. So we all still need to practice our patience........that will be the hardest task right now.

Caitlin is an angel and you two are so special to recognize and care so much about her feelings and share your joy with her. Cute gift! What a special girl and a special family... and she is obviously in tune with the Lord.

Love you guys!

Happily Ever After said...

O.K., like Casey and your Mom said, I need kleenex too! That is so precious. I'm so happy that you and Caitlyn are blessing each other's lives. Oh and that necklace, I'm sure she'll treasure it every day of her life. I keep coming on your blog and checking because I love hearing the news and updates. I'm so excited for your family! Thanks for keeping us updated and just so excited for you!

Lora and Carl said...

This is just such a beautiful story to follow. It is amazing to see Heavenly Father's hand in all of your lives. Thank you so much for sharing the details with others. It is so exciting. We need kleenex, too. Did we miss what you are naming him, or are you still deciding?

Ira and Heather said...

How exciting!!! We are so happy for you guys!!! It is coming very soon. What is her due date?
Marque, Ira says "I don't care what anyone says changing a poopy diaper STINKS".

Amberlie said...

YEAAAHHH!!!! Congratulations! We are so flippin excited for you! Just as you are blessed to be parents of this amazing boy, he is blessed too...You are going to be wonderful parents! Please keep in touch, we cant wait to see him!