Tuesday, September 23, 2008

There Has Got To Be A Loving God Above

I am so fortunate to live where I live.  I am about 5-10 minutes away from American Fork Canyon in the Uintah forest.  
Sometimes, when I need to be alone, or think or pray or just get away, I drive up the canyon.
This is a great time of the year, as the mountains are ablaze with fall colors.
It is beautiful right now, but I think it should reach it's peak in about a week.
It always blows me away when I retire to nature.  I feel as close to God there as I do anywhere.
It baffles me when I hear that some people do not believe in a loving creator.  
It makes me wonder if they walk around with their eyes closed.
I wish my skills and equipment even came close to capturing how beautiful this area is.
I love church and I love the temple, but for me, this is my cathedral and synagogue.
I know my Father lives and He loves me.
I am far from an extreme environmentalist, but I do believe we need to be more conscientious.
I am excited for the pictures next week.  
It was a good day, but I was saddened to hear that Len Page's Father passed away last night.  I love Len and his brother, Rich.  While I did not know his Father, I am grateful for him and happy he is not suffering.
On a happier note, Caitlin called us tonight.  She is so awesome.  We really feel a connection with her.  We are so very lucky.
The Teacher's Quorum played football tonight.  We didn't have enough for kickball.
Can you tell I have run out of things to say about nature?
I love nature.
Nature is good.
AH, The Jag! I also love the Jag.
I love all the many colors of fall.
Roar!!!!

8 comments:

katie said...

You're right it truly is beautiful. The seasons changing is something you just don't see in California. Marque, it is fine by me if you want to add me to your list. Ape was kind of jealous that everyone got together, and she wasn't there. I'm glad to hear that they are once a year now. Way fun.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about nature. These are beautiful pictures. I keep thinking I should go ride the ski lift up at Sundance. I have done it before in the fall and it is amazing.

Tiffany said...

Soooo beautiful-you make me miss it a lot! You take great pictures, really another talent of yours I was not aware of!

Casey said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I love fall and can't wait to see all the amazing colors it brings. CA may have the best weather and AZ has the best winters (nice and mild) but I have found that the South has the most beautiful falls and springs - I'm sure Utah is even better.

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

Thanks for sharing this... We were planning on taking the kids up AF Canyon for pics on Saturday and wondering if the leaves were at their peak..so now we know and our plan will work beautifully. I am really excited now knowing how pretty it really is up there.... Thanks!

Leslie said...

First thing when I get to work I start my computer, get signed on to the company website, and then pull up your blog. Kind of my 2nd morning devotional. It is always so positive and you are so aware of God in your life that it starts my day off pretty wonderfully.

Thanks for your comments and pictures today.

You are kind of an amazing person, you know! Your parents must have been awesome....to raise such an uplifted person...lol.

J/K you pretty much came with that package all tied up. Thank you God for that too.

Rhett and Jenteal said...

I agree the canyon is so beautiful this time of year. You and Fina should go have your pics done in the pretty fall colors. We'e doing our family pics up the canyon.

Unknown said...

Gosh I miss the beauty of Utah. This is the hardest time of year for me to be away from the west. Thanks for the photos.