Sunday, September 21, 2008

CTR ~ Chino Third Rules!!!

Growing up, I was so blessed. I have a great family, I lived in a great neighborhood and my ward was awesome! That ward was the Chino 3rd Ward. Within that ward was a great youth group. We were close then and we are still close today. While we do not keep in touch as often as we should, it never feels weird when we do finally speak.


A few weeks ago we organized a simple get together for those in the area. Last night was a fun time as we had about 35 Chino Thirdites gather at the home of Heidi Heumann Rivera. We had a few non third ward friends from other Diamond Bar and Chino wards hang with us. For about five hours we talked and enjoyed each other's company. We resigned to the fact that once in a blue moon simply is not often enough for reunions such as this. We will not meet every second BYU home game, allowing us to build momentum and attendance for this annual event.

We truly missed those that could not attend, but we have high hopes for their attendance next year. One family not in attendance was Eric Christensen, his wife Natalie and their sons and daughter. Yes, their daughter. They adopted a little girl two weeks ago. Congrats, Christensens! Anyways, there were so many that were not able to come, and we really hope they can come next time. Howes, Howes, VanBuskirks, Heumanns, Kezos', Arbons and Burgons to name a few...

Anyway, here are a few pictures of the fun evening!

Melanie Eliason Valderrama, Sarah and Kirt Gravell having a fun time! Kurt has been my friend since we were twelve. He is a big guy, with a heart to match. He calls me his blue friend, because when we met way back when I was wearing blue. Funny.

Sarah and Melanie. The Valderrama's are one of the few families we keep in fairly regular contact with...of course, Jason works with us so it is a little easier.

One of my greatest friends from my adolescence, Kelly Burgon Holman and I. Kelly is holding her niece, the daughter of Ryan Burgon. Unfortunately, they were out of town. Kelly came all the way from Tennessee. I am happy she did.

The O'brey kids (not kids anymore), Debra, Myque, Jennifer and Theresa. Guess where Myque got the idea of how to spell his name....You guessed it, MOI! I think it started out as teasing me, but it stuck. To my knowledge, he still spells it that way. Myque was part of a tight circle of friends my Senior year, Mont, Myque, Kyle, Eric and I. He is a Sargeant in the Murray Police Department. He is hilarious and I don't think he has changed much. It was great to see him.

This is the Mont Parrish clan, Mitchell, Marilyn, Mont, McKay, Madison and Marshall. Mont is a great guy and he has always been such a great example to me and everyone around him.

You already know who these two people are.

This is Laurie Heumann and her son. Laurie is a Human and she is also a Heumann. The Heumann's are one of my favorite families of all times. Unfortunately, I was unable to get a picture of Tim and Steven Heumann before they left. I got a picture of Sis. Judy Heumann, aka rich mom, but it was out of focus. I love the Heumann's. Dave Heumann was a good friend of mine in Jr. High and High School. He and his sister, Susan live outside the state of Utah and were not able to attend. Tim is a bishop now and David is in the bishopric. Steven is the producer and host of the show "At Your Leisure", a Utah travel and adventure show.

My good friend, JJ Kapay and his wife Melanie. Jason is a stud. I have already blogged about him in one of my "People I Know" entries.

Hiedi and her husband George. Heidi is also a Heumann. Heidi was in the same age group as me growing up. We had a pretty good group of girls in the Chino III Ward as well. We were all great friends. Thank you for letting us use your home Rivera's!

Montly and Myque. Great guys. Two of many that blessed my life.

As promised, I am including a picture of my friend David Heumann and one of Jack Black as Nacho Libre. When we were talking about David, we were all in agreeance that he looks and acts like Jack Black, or that Jack Black looks and acts like David.


9 comments:

Robb, Rhonda and girls said...

How fun!!! I have to say we are a bit jealous. Thanks for posting the pictures though, it's fun to see everyone.

Melissa said...

That would have been so fun to be there. Maybe next year? That is, if someone from Chino II would be invited. I didn't realize so many people moved to Utah.

Tiffany said...

It took me so long to catch up on everything! I have been on a LOA from the blogging world the last two months. Awesome stuff going on right now-life sounds petty perfect!

Batistas said...

That´s so fun, LOL David...Nacho!!! How true!

Mike O said...

It was a great night. Thanks for all the time and energy you put in to get us all together. I imagine that next time there will be more people who come. Who wouldn't want to come after all the fun that we had that night?? It was good to see everyone.

Leslie said...

How fun! It is great to see the pictures of all you kids, and your kids.

I hope I can come to the next one too.

Theresa said...

Thanks for putting the party together. Now we just need to get more that were my age and not as many oldies.
btw..link away

Timbo said...

Alright, I would like to volunteer to host the next get together here at CASA VAN BUSKIRK. Q, would you like to set that up? Just let me know what day and time and I will start cooking for everyone that will show up. Here is the address and directions:

Go East from Utah until just about the time that you hit the East coast. If you need more specific ones, contact me. Marque, Myque, Mont, Kyle, Kurt, Eric (you have been here already and know how to get here), JJ, the Huemann clan, Kelly, etc... I am holding my breath until I see you here. Alright?!

Jayne said...

what a great idea to get together, and how fun for me to see them all grown up and being responsible!
I knew everyone as teenagers!

David Heumann I love him.. I miss him, he made me laugh so much!

Marque thanks for writing such a great post with pictures