Sunday, September 7, 2008

People I Know...Tim VanBuskirk

Tim VanBuskirk

Timothy Neal VanBuskirk aka Timbo, Timmy, Whimpy, Timoteo, My Friend Tim. I have known Tim for years. I believe I have known him since I was 12 years old. We became good friends when I was about 14. As a matter of fact, we were good friends from the beginning. Nothing could get between us. Not even Tim's Mother! Tim's Mother once called my Mother to explain that she thought I was a bad influence on Tim and that we should be separated. I was a year older and Tim was in Jr. High School while I was in High School. We have been great friends ever since.
My Groomsmen ~ Tim is in the middle

What can I say about Tim? Tim is one of the three amigos, Jason Valderrama, Me and Tim. We came from a pretty tight circle of friends, including Eric, Ed and Kyle (to name a few). Tim is a loyal friend; he always has my back. Tim likes to be obnoxious (sorry Tim) and sarcastic, but when he knows I am down, he makes sure I know he is there for me and concerned for my well being as a friend should. Thanks, Tim.
Tim and I at Disneyland (We were with girls, I swear!)

Tim is mostly known for his mishaps in adolescence. I could do an entire blog on stories regarding "Accident Prone Tim", but I will save him the embarrassment. I won't tell you about the time he broke both arms, or the other time he broke both arms. I won't clue you in to when he almost lost his toenails at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. I would never tell you about the time he ate it on the skateboard while camping at Butterfield, or the time he fell off a car he was riding the bumper of and I definitely wouldn't say a word about the time his sister pinned him between two cars. I am too good of a friend to mention any of these stories! Tim is a sweet guy with a huge heart and a large stature to match. While this is a true statement, the last thing you want is to be around when his large stature meets his short fuse on the basketball court. This has provided many an entertaining ward basketball games. (Remember when Sis. Rhodes called you an animal for fighting with Barry?)
Our Wedding Day...Tim is the pervert grabbing my arse!

Tim's Dad was one of our fine bishops and Tim's Mother was like a Mom away from Mom. He has an older sister named Tara and a younger brother named Stewart (TUTU Buckerban). Life at their house was always fun. Some memories include his Dad's Playboy glasses, His Mother's stories about Mexico (quite lengthy), Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding, Tim and Tara fighting, and the time I gave Tim a Charlie Horse while he was talking to his Grandpa on the phone. Good times.
Tim on Graduation Day with KC, Alexa, Olivia and Maya (McKenna no pictured)

Tim can accomplish anything he put his mind too. He is an Eagle Scout and served an honorable LDS mission in Saint Louis, Missouri. He recently received his MBA and did so while working full time, raising four beautiful girls, fulfilling his church callings and moving a trillion times! I am proud of him. His greatest accomplishment is marrying Casey, who I affectionately refer to as KC. She has been perfect for Tim (no accidents since marriage) and together they have raised their daughters, Alexa, Olivia, Maya and McKenna, wonderfully. Tim is an aerospace engineer and also enjoys cooking and watching the Boston Red Sox. Unfortunately, he is a UCLA fan, but we still manage to be friends.

We like to tease each other often, but when push comes to shove, I know I can count on Tim and hopefully he feels the same way about me.

12 comments:

Robb, Rhonda and girls said...

You forgot to mention the time Tim broke his arm at youth conference when he got dog piled by girls!

I love blogs. It's so fun to see what's up with the people you grew up with. When you spend 10-12 years growing up with the same people there is a connection there, even if you were to shy and scared to actually ever talk to anyone.
Rhonda

Happily Ever After said...

Ah, I love Tim!

O.K. I am a paranoid person and don't want to put my last name on my blog. I know lots of people do it, but our last name is very uncommon and well, I'm so cool and with my hot 3 kid post partum bod that if I put our last name on my blog I would surely be stalked in real life and well, I just don't need that kind of drama in my life. :) But seriously I'll share my email and I'll email it to you...pinkprincessesaremine@hotmail.com and if you're just itching to add me to your blog you can call us the "C" family cause I know that's why you really want to know my last name. :) Oh and I read some of your blog and I'm so stinkin' excited for you to adopt! Is this your first adoption? (can you tell it's been too long since we last got in touch?) You and your gorgeous and no doubt fabulous wife are going to be great parents! Man Marque, what did you do to snag such a great girl? :)
Debra

Wyatt and Tara said...

We are in Torrance, it is a nice area... someone told us that if you have to live in LA, then Torrance is a good place. How is your baby coming? We are so excited for you guys!

Leslie said...

I love Tim too! He is such a good man, and he was a good teenager...but let me tell you about when he was in Primary....whew!!!! What a wild one!

How are you handling all this admiration Tim?

Tara said...

You forgot to mention the time you and Tim were wrestling and broke a chair in the family room. Oh yeah...and the time you both wore tights in the roadshow.

I agree that my brother is a pretty good guy...now that he lives across the country from me and can't sit on me!

Casey said...

I can't read this without commenting. I think Tim's a pretty great guy also. He was a great guy when I married him but he is an exceptional man now. He is a great husband and father. I wish those that knew him when he was younger could see how much he has grown and what he has become as a father and husband. Thanks for being such a great friend. I know he feels the same way about you.

Casey said...

BTW, I wish you had a better picture of our family than that. I was 9 months pregnant with McKenna in that picture. Just like the graduation before that - pregnant with Alexa. I think there is some sort of theme there. That's why he will not be going back to school anymore. :)

Timbo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Timbo said...

Marque,

Thanks for the kind words. I really wish that we could live closer to you and Sarah, but since we can't (I won't name names, but someone in the family will NOT live in UTAH), I guess that I will settle for the occasional phone calls.

Maybe you could move a couple of states to the right and I could move a couple to the left and then we'd be close enough to visit often. I'll see what I can come up with.

All in all, without you and my other good friends that I have, I would not be the person that I am today. THANKS BUDDY!

A few thoughts to those who left comments:

To my "older" sister, I can send people to do a little "refrigerator squisher".

To Rhonda, I did not break my arm, I just wanted a little female sympathy. I got it didn't I?!

To MOM Trosper, I now have Maya & McKenna to remind me of what I might have been in my younger days. I know that they are sweet little girls and could NEVER do anything wrong, but if you really believe that, why don't you just come and visit and see first hand for yourself.

To my beautiful wife Casey. I don't know how you do it, day in and day out. I could not have done half of what I have accomplished over the last 15 years without you. Not to mention I look a lot better in pictures with you standing next to me. I love you today, tomorrow and forever!

Yes, Q we have been friends for what like 25 years, but it always seems like yesterday when I think about:

1) You and I taking our early morning trips to the beach during summer break in HS to go surfing. Those were good times that I will always have with me.

2) You (and several other YM from out Chino 3rd ward) skinny dipping at the Grand Canyon (Havasupi Reservation).

3) You wearing eye-liner in JR High. What were you thinking?!

4) You were the one and only friend of mine that continually would tell me that I was really stupid if I did not marry Casey. Maybe that is why you got to see her wedding ring before anyone else.


THANK YOU ALL FOR THINKING SO HIGHLY OF ME TO SPEND TIME THINKING ABOUT ME. I AM REALLY TOUCHED. THANKS AGAIN Q, YOU ARE WHAT ALL FRIENDS NEED, SOMEONE TO REMIND YOU OF WHO YOU ARE, WHERE YOU CAME FROM AND TO NOT LET IT GET YOU DOWN!! MAYBE I CAN EVEN COME UP WITH SOME VERY INCRIMINATING PICTURES OF YOU AT A MUCH YOUNGER AGE!!

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Tim, You tell such great and fabricated tales about me...

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Incriminating pictures?! I wanna see! Oh that would be so awesome if you had eyeliner pictures. If there are any special memories or photos of Marque you'd like to send me personally my email is sweetfina@hotmail.com.

Sarah

Leslie said...

Tim, I would love to come cuddle with all your girls....will let you know when I am on my way. I think I could learn a few things from Casey too. Casey you really do remind me alot of myself as a young mom....a better me of course. I really do wish you were closer to Marque and Sarah, Jason and Melanie. They would spoil your girls like crazy!

Love you,

MOM Trosper