I am sure you are sick of hearing me say this, but..."I LIVE IN THE COOLEST NEIGHBORHOOD EVER!" A couple times a year, all the guys try to get out on the golf course for a good round of hitting the small ball. This year we had 19 golfers and we played Thanksgiving Point Golf Club. A special "Thank You" needs to go to Nick Greer for arranging the tee times and Kevin Franson for organizing the teams and tournament. My team consisted of Eric Franson, John Heiner, Wade Griffiths and myself. This was a fun and fairly balanced team. As usual, I was a contributing part of my team's performance until hole 13, then I started to meltdown. (In my mind the perfect golf course would be 12 holes instead of 18.) Eric is a pretty good golfer and I have my moments too. John and Wade turned it on after the turn and started spanking the ball! After all 18 holes were completed, we were announced the winning team. I know for some that winning matters, but for me, good company is more important. In this case, I got a good dose of each. It was fun to golf with Eric, whom I am in Varsity Scouts with, John Heiner, who was visiting from Indianapolis, and Wade...Wade is always good company. He makes me laugh. Anyway, here are a few pics of the day.

Eric Franson, Me and Kevin Franson....Am I Short or Are They Just Tall?!
I couldn't golf the last five holes due to weight restrictions!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Neighborhood Golf Outing...FORE!!!!
Posted by www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com at 7:55 PM
Labels: american fork, Church, friendship, meadowbrook, Orchard Hills
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You are too funny Marque! It looks like a fun, relaxing, beautiful day. What was the weather like?
Do you know we are having 100+ temperatures? I'm not sure what it will be for the weekend. Hopefully much cooler for your Disneyland week.
Post a Comment