Sunday, November 2, 2008

Thanks, Mom!

This past two weeks have been filled with love; love of Leah coming into our life, love of Caitlin for giving us Leah, and of course the love of our family, friends, neighbors, ward members and co-workers. We are fortunate to have Sarah's family nearby. I have amazing in-laws. I hear so many people speak of how much they despise their in-laws and I simply can not relate their experiences to my in-laws. Everyone knows I like my space. I am not always happy to make the trek south to visit Sarah's family, but this has nothing to do with them. It is me being my quirky self. Their love and support in our lives is priceless.
Being a guy that likes his space, I have never really been bothered that my family is eight hours away. I speak to them weekly and I have an amazing relationship with both of my brothers, my Mother and my Father (though my Father can't hear me much on the phone anymore). While I have always appreciated the personal space, with Leah's arrival I found myself wanting them closer. They have showered us with gifts, thoughts, phone calls, texts, prayers, thoughts, etc. We have definitely felt their love, but I simply wish they could be here to see how precious Leah is and feel her calming spirit.
My Mother was able to come for a visit for a week and that proved to be awesome. Typically, we have things scheduled every minute of the day when she comes; visits with friends and family, eating out, site seeing, etc. This trip my Mum spent her entire trip, holding Leah, changing Leah, feeding Leah and loving Leah. I felt bad that we had not properly entertained her, but in her own words, "This is exactly what I wanted." She spoiled her with gifts and kisses. She spoiled us by staying up with her three different nights so we could catch up on sleep. She spoiled me by changing Leah's diapers at times that it may have been me doing the dirty deed. Thank you Mom for everything. I wish you lived closer.

8 comments:

Batistas said...

There is nothing like having mommy around to help with a new baby! I am going to miss that this time around so hopefully I do O.K. Moms are the best invention don´t yah think!!

Happily Ever After said...

Those pics with your mom and Leah are precious! Grandma's are the best!

Kristen said...

Aren't Mom's just the best!
I enjoyed all the pictures, Leah is so cute! I'm dying over her boots...so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok now I can see that she was a cowgirl, on the phone she looked so srunched up it was hard to tell, I love all the pictures, Leah has changed so much in just a few weeks, I can't wait to come up and see her!

Michelle said...

She is the most beautiful baby! Happy 1st halloween to being parents and to Leah! By the way Sarah, all of her costumes are wonderful!

RobHeidi Family said...

I think your mom is such a doll! She taught Brinklie sign language at Leah's shower. I thought...hmmm how sad that in a few minutes she just taught my daughter more than I have taught her in a week!

Leslie said...

Thank you so much! Your daughters are SO cute. Marque and Sarah love you and think you are very special.

Brinklie is a quick learner, does she remember how to do it? I can give her a refresher course at Thanksgiving!

Amy Lynn said...

Nothing makes me crave my family more than having a new baby in the house! Hooray for amazing mothers!