I have great parents. I have said that so many times. We were fortunate to have my DOD (Dear Old Dad) come to visit us this last week from Monday to Friday. I know this was a great sacrifice for him. He works in retail and it is not easy to get time away from work this season. My DOD loves to work with his hands and help those he loves. He has always been so giving. Knowing this, I prepared a small list of things he could help me with while he was visiting. No surprise to me, he had the list done in record time and was happy to help. Thanks, Dad. I wish I were more handy like you.
My Dad had a tough life. In spite of it all, he has been such a great Father to my brothers and me and a loving husband to my Mother until recently. He is such a hard worker and has passed that work ethic along to me, Jim and Scott. He joined the church at a later time, but always supported our involvement and went to sacrament meeting every Sunday. My Dad perfected the art of sleeping without the annoying head bob that told everyone behind him he was asleep. He was heavily involved in the scouting program as a Webelo leader and many of the boys he worked with still thank him when they get the chance.
Everyone who knows my Dad loves him. He is so funny and has often been the cause for uncontrollable laughter around the dinner table or while playing games as a family. Adding to this is the fact that he is almost entirely deaf. In his efforts to not let this slow him down, he adds comments to conversations that do not fit. This often results in these hilarious uproars of laughter at his expense. In any conversation with my Dad, there is almost definitely two conversations...the one you are having with him and the one he is having with you! I love how he sings everything in the style of Johnny Mathis.
2 comments:
You describe all the reasons we love DOD so well!
Such a good man and great father. I too hope he finds his happiness. I think in the end he will find it is right where it always has been...with his children and grandchildren!
Isn't he cute with Leah??!!!
I love Bud, he is such a wonderful person and a great friend as well as a wonderful brother (in-law) I will always be glad for Bud in my life, he will forever be one of my favorite people. Some times I wish he would be a little more chatty, I hardly had any time spent with him Thursday. Of course, I thought I spent enough time with each person, then realized I didn't spend nearly enough time with anybody.
Post a Comment