Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Good Chuckle

About a year or so ago, I was discussing politics with a friend of mine. (Something I rarely do) I asked him what his thoughts were regarding the possibility of having a Black president in office. He, an African American himself, didn't see it happening. In fact his exact words were, "The day America puts a black man in office is the day hell freezes over!" You can see why I had to laugh this morning when I woke up to see this!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

You are too funny!! Yeah for snow!

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

It's true...We are feeling like Hell did freeze over for many reasons! Irony is a funny thing!!

Leslie said...

I didn't vote for Obama, but I certainly feel joy for the number of people who turned out to vote, and for the historical nature of a black man in the oval office. As you know Marque I am the consummate anti-discrimination person so this event does warrant some happy thoughts....for now.

I cannot believe that it snowed. Jeepers Crosby! It was SOOO warm last week. Crazy!

Jared said...

It is the era of "CHANGE"
I guess the weather decided to "CHANGE" as well.

eran said...

It is interesting... Mark Cuban had a good post on a different view on it...

http://blogmaverick.com/2008/11/05/proud-to-be-an-american/

RobHeidi Family said...

Ya, I was just wondering when someone was going to realize that a president has to have more than just the compatible skin color to be qualified? hmmm...just a thought.

Amy Lynn said...

Very funny!

Anonymous said...

Leslie, see what happened to Utah when you left your little princess and her parents behind, the world just got colder here with out your presence.