Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Debate Of The Ages!!!

Okay, so Jason Cox and I were having an in depth conversation about leftover turkey sandwiches yesterday and we encountered an unexpected debate that has caused a serious chasm in our friendship. Quite honestly, it is a good thing Jason has so many admirable qualities or I may not be his friend today after yesterday's discovery! Evidently, Jason prefers Miracle Whip to Mayonaise! I know, please don't judge him. He truly is a great guy. I don't know of many things that make me more sick than Mayonaise poisoned with a ton of sugar! That is what Miracle Whip is. Anyways, he thought I was crazy. We went around the office and polled those we work with. Mayonaise beat Miracle Whip in a ratio of 3:1. I posted a comment about Miracle Whip on Facebook and the comments came pouring in...all supporting Mayonaise and dissing Miracle Whip. I think if I ran for president, this would be my winning platform. I want to know what you all think. Please comment if you prefer Mayo or MW.

15 comments:

Leslie said...

Mayo, mayo, mayo!

I agree Marque this debate is classic. If you like Mayonnaise no one will ever convince you that Miracle Whip is better, and vice versa.

It's whatever you grew up loving! All about "hearth and home".

Jared said...

The only bottle in the picture that has the word "REAL" in it is Mayo. Just keeping it real. I always thought there was something a little off with Jason, know I know what it is:)

Aimtubbs said...

When I was a kid I only liked Miracle Whip. But now that my tastes have matured and are more sophisticated, its MAYO! :)

Unknown said...

Mayo for most stuff but once in awhile you gotta have some "salad dressing".
By the way...thank you for the beautiful wreath! It was such a welcome, sweet smelling surprise and really came at a time when I needed it. I must admit, it makes me a little homesick for the west. It was very thoughtful and I appreciate it.

Ira and Heather said...

I like mayo and Ira is a Miracle whip lover. We keep both in the fridge.

Natalie said...

Sadly, no. I believe the pie on the left is just a regual old pecan pie. However I didn't try that one so I can't be sure. However now I am highly interested in this Buttermilk Pie. Is this a recipe I should be in possession of?

Oh, and mayo. Most certainly.

Anonymous said...

I will only eat Mayonaise, Ray will only eat Miracle Whip. We both know that if the sandwich is made with the wrong condiment it may not get eaten. I think he is crazy because he likes Miracle Whip, but I know he is crazy because he eats catsup on just about everything.

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

That is so funny.. About two days ago a friend and I were having this exact same conversation... We were both Mayo hands down. I think mine is out of rebellion being forced to eat MW as a child... I never tasted mayo until I was a teenager.

PS.. You should run for Pres..

emily said...

Oh Mayo all the way! I totally agree, who wants the sugar? Gross. I choose dry sandwiches over mayo every time.

Molly said...

MAYO

Julie said...

okay I am going to choose option number three RANCH.

Happily Ever After said...

I'd vote for Mayo for president. Miracle Whip....shudder.

eran said...

I use both...

It really depends on what it is... IE: my potato salad has mayo and my macaroni salad has miracle whip. Sandwiches tuna it depends on other ingredients is there relish in the tuna? There are also a lot of normal things I don't like mayo or miracle whip in or on. IE Roast Beef sandwich or a Hamburger.

Tiffany said...

I prefer mayo while Chad is a Miracle Whip fan. He is much more vocal about his preference than I am though. I probably shouldn't let him read this post-he thinks too highly of you!

hoppygirl said...

You are too funny, but since your asking...Mayo for sure. My grandma made me a sandwich when I was little and used Miracle Whip. I didn't know what was wrong with the sandwich. I told my mom the turkey was bad not realizing it was just the nasty Miracle Whip.