I have two thoughts this day:
- Being sick sucks! Of course this is always the case, but this time around it sucks especially bad! I do not remember a time when my throat has hurt this much EVER! It hurts to swallow. To add to the torture, I have been looking forward to making my amazing baby back ribs for some time now and I can't eat them!!! On top of all that, Leah is so fun right now. She is talking and developing a personality and I CAN'T HOLD HER!!!! This is really frustrating. I hope I don't have to have my tonsils out.
- There are way too many bowl games these days. Seriously, how many have you watched? I have watched one...and it sucked! It featured the third place MWC team against the fifth place PAC 10 team. If I wasn't a fan of the Y I would have avoided this game too. The Independence bowl used to feature some pretty fun match ups. This year it featured a pathetic 7-5 Louisiana Tech from an equally pathetic WAC conference against an even more pathetic 6-6 Northern Illinois team from an even more pathetic MAC conference! It has become very obvious that this is all about the money, but who is really making money here if no one watches the games on TV or in person?! I know the last time BYU went to the Independence bowl, it cost them more money to get there than they walked away with. So...if the teams aren't making money, the conferences aren't making money, the stadiums aren't making money, the advertisers aren't making money, who is?! College football was better when there were a dozen different bowl games featuring the top teams, not mediocre or worse teams, and voters chose the champion. Where did we go wrong? BCS. Nuff said.
2 comments:
Life is just a chair of bowlies.
Sorry you aren't feeling good. I am guessing from your discription my remark is just scratching the surface as to how you really feel.
DO NOT SHARE THIS INFIRMATY WITH LEAH! You will not enjoy the results.
Just sit back and "enjoy" the bowl games.
Are you out of the pits yet?
Post a Comment