My life changed in an instant.
A moment I had hoped and prayed for.
Placed in my arms was a part of me long missed.
Every bit of her is perfect.
Every movement is divine.
I look at her and feel a pang in my heart.
My heart growing with my capacity to love.
I feel fears I never had before.
And new insecurities amid strong instincts.
Through this miracle I feel God's love for me.
With a deeper respect for my parents.
I know I mean to them what this angel means to me.
I hurt when she cries.
I cry when she grows.
I wonder what she'll face in this life.
What joys and pains.
I still hope for a better world.
And find it in This Girl.
Written by Sarah and dedicated to Her One True Love, Mom, Mom-in-Love, Molly and Samantha
7 comments:
What a beautiful poem.
I'm crying again!
I have read this sweet poem, and the beautiful pictures you put with it Sarah....so many times.
You have expressed it so well...
...plan on several more stanzas.
OH I love it! You always know how to put feelings into words so nicely. I love you sister!
My dear Sarah, Everytime I look at this book and read your feelings, the tears of joy start flowing, I have prayed for you and Marque to have this wonderful blessing and feelings to enter your life you now have it and Im so happy you are able to feel the love and joys of being a parnet, I know what a wonderful mother you will be, Heavenly father does love you and know's how much you love that little angel, I love you Sarah.
I have to tell you Madyson is so proud of her little cousin that she took my book to church with us today to show off Leah to her primary teachers. We love you all and can't wait for the next time we can be together!
All said so beautifully--it echos the feelings in my heart and strangely grows stronger not fainter with each child (even twins) that are placed in your arms. What a lucky girl Leah is.
Lora (and Carl)
That is so beautiful! I tried to comment on my phone yesterday and it wouldn't let me but I wanted Sarah to know how beautiful her poem is. She said it so perfectly.
Post a Comment