
The last 2 and 1/2 years I have had the privilege of working with the young men in the Orchard Hills ward. Today I was released along with Eric Franson. I am really bummed. Really, truly bummed. I am still unclear why this happened. I may never know. I hope it is not because someone thought I was doing a sub-par job of it. I am fairly certain the boys would not think that was the case. When Brian told me, he knew I would be bummed and I could tell he was quite bummed himself. I am not sure he knows why this happened. He expressed his gratitude to me for the time and effort I put in. He thanked me for the love and care I have for the young men and then extended another calling to me. I wish I knew in advance so I could have done a better job. Eric pointed out that you never know when something is going to end and you always want to live your life in such a way that you are never left saying, "I could have done better. I still have things to do. Etc.". This is such a true statement.


I hope the boys know how much I truly care about their well being; spiritually, socially, physically, mentally and emotionally. They truthfully are great guys. Every one of them. I know I have mentioned it before, and at the risk of swelling their heads, I will mention it again... It has been a privilege to know them and to associate with them. They each have their own special talents and characteristics. They will all be great missionaries, teachers, husbands and fathers. That is what it is all about. I hope they always remember how blessed they are and that they never take those blessings for granted. I pray they will remember that obedience brings happiness eternal. I worry about them often and want them to know that. Many look to them and there is much responsibility with that knowledge. They have each been given much and therefore they each have much to give. I am sure they will do just that.


Thanks guys! Each of you are great and I will anxiously watch as you progress toward your mission, college, marriage and anything you do. Tyler Ashby, Keaton Clark, Nick Clark, Joseph Denney, Kaden Groves, Trevor Hadfield, Jared Hall, Jason Hamner, David Hamner, Corey Jackson, Kyle Jackson, Reece Larson, Isaac Litster, Kellan Nicol, Perry Nicol, Conner Nicol, Nick Prestwich, Nate Rich, Judd Rich and Christopher Strong ~ YOU GUYS ROCK!!! I will also miss working with Eric Franson and Alec Clark. These guys are great men that provided great examples for these young men in all they do.
5 comments:
I can tell that you really do care fot those Young Men and have a great testimony of that organization. Now you'll have the opportunity to stretch yourself and learn more. I understand wondering about getting released or getting called to new callings. I have found out a few reasons for this happening to me and it is amazing to see how Heavenly Father inspires those leaders. They truly are listening.
Hey! After being on my soapbox I forgot to ask what your new calling is? So, what is it?
I can tell you that there are some young men that are equally as sad with your release. What an amazing mark (no pun intended) you have left on their life. I know the young men will forever remember your inspiration, character, example, and humor in their life. You showed how Callings are not something just executed on Sundays, but a lifestyle commitment and an investment of the soul. How lucky are those Primary kids to get you now!! At heart, you still are a Primary kid so it's a perfect match. Almost makes me want to have another young'un just to give them the Q experience. You are a great man. Keep making a difference.
Wow, I am sorry for those boys that you are moving on, but I am sure your influence will be felt for a long time for them.
Primary also can have such a strong influence. I just saw some boys Saturday evening that Dad and I taught when they were 10 years old. They are now 17 and 18 and they made their way through the crowd in the stake center to come give me a hug and to tell me what was going on in their lives. You just never know what your connection will mean to them. Some of your blog readers were taught by us in Primary, SS, and Siminary long ago and they are still great friends.
I grateful for the impact church callings can have on our lives as well as those we serve.
I do know how to spell Seminary...apparently my fingers don't!
Post a Comment