Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ten Years....Time Flies By!

Last night was my company Christmas party. Every year, the company party falls on the same night as our ward or neighborhood Christmas party. This year I was anxious to ditch the work party and go to the ward party. This never happened. Last night, PMI honored me and my ten years of service by providing me with a personally engraved Rolex! Of course, I had to attend the party knowing this would take place.
I like my job. It can be quite stressful at times and not so much at others. It often tends to be a thankless job by most, but I know I am appreciated by those that employ me. There are several days each week when I wish I didn't have to work or that I didn't have to do what it is that I do. There are several days each week that I feel the pressures of the position and wish I didn't have that stress. With all the negative aspects of my job, I can honestly say I have never once not appreciated my job and I enjoy working for PMI and the owners of PMI, Steve, Phil and Len.

While in the middle of a recession and at a time when many companies cancel Christmas parties, year end bonuses, raises and retirement, PMI's owners continue to do what they can to care for their employees and make PMI the best company to work for. It is my appreciation for them that make me do what I do at PMI. I consider myself to be the personal guardian of PMI's long term success. I do what I do so that PMI will exist for many years to come. The first ten years have been great for me. I hope the next ten years are just as wonderful.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well Congratulations! I knew you were going to get that...they always tell us who's getting what...so I've been excited to see if you liked it!! You deserve it! Merry Christmas!

Joe and Brenda Ashby said...

Congrats Marq we did miss you at the ward party

Leslie said...

Wow!!! Congratulations Marque! They couldn't have picked a better gift for you cuz you love a nice watch. It's nice they appreciate you so much.