Thursday, December 4, 2008

WAL*MART BINGO

I have always hated Wal*Mart. They stack way too much crap in the aisles making it difficult to maneuver and quite honestly, I feel like I need to be washed down by a Haz-Mat team by the time I leave the place! That says a lot considering I have spent quite a bit of time in Baja!!! I will admit it is a great place to do some serious people watching. I believe it ranks second behind the state fair!

My brother sent me this WAL*MART bingo game. It lists things in different squares to look for. I thought it was funny. Here are the things you might see at your local WAL*MART: Rat tail hair style, Child without shoes, Woman with hair in curlers, Rebel flag T-shirt, Kid riding bike in store, Frozen food left to thaw in random aisle, Dirty diaper in parking lot, Someone oblivious to the fact that they are in your way, Bearded woman, Teardrop tattoo, Pregnant mother smoking, Child over five breastfeeding or drinking from bottle, Someone buying beer and diapers, Entire family wearing NASCAR apparel, Man under 30 years old without teeth, Someone giving away kittens, Someone with puke or blood on their clothes, Unattended crying children, Pregnant woman with visible lower back tattoo and Someone with unbearable body odor.

I will admit the AF WAL*MART is not as bad as the others I have been to, but still, I try to shop at Target.

9 comments:

Ira and Heather said...

My kids behave much better when I shop at Target. It has been tested and proven. It is a better experience for all of us. Shop Target!!!

Anonymous said...

Walmart is not my favorite store.

The quality is not the best and to be honest it is not always the cheapest.

The quality of the people are not always as high as some other stores.

It is true that a lot of those items you listed may be funny or disgusting but they are a fact of life.

However, the lots at Walmart are always full, more so than Target, Sears, Shopko, Dillards, Macy's, and they don't seem to be going out of business.

However, I have always been glad that Walmart has a policy of hiring people over 90 (or over 70 or in a wheelchair or disabled in some way) to pass out those carts and greet people. So many of the old folks in my ward are greeters at Walmart. They just don't get enough money on their Social Security to make it with out that very short, and non-demanding job at Walmart to make just a little more money and a discount to eat with.

No Walmart isn't my favorite place, but it is nice to walk in even the Walmart neighborhood market down the street that only has groceries and see some of the senior citizens, downs syndrom & disabled of our area greeting us at the door. When other Grocery and Department stores start hiring greeters to help the seniors and disabled I will visit those stores more often.

Leslie said...

Yea Sis! That was exactly my thought too. That....and I truly love the diversity of people that we come in contact with in life. Everyone has a story...and every story has ups and downs...is sad and beautiful.

Our cousin works in customs and has taught me that Walmart doesn't follow rules very well about importing goods from other countries. That makes me think of little children working for less than pennies in other countries, so we can save a few. Sometimes that kind of inhumanity doesn't balance the humanity given to those elderly and disabled given jobs at WalMart...but I do love all the tattooed, multi-cultured people that struggle their way through the crowded aisles of Walmart.

God Bless Ye Merry Gentlemen!

Casey said...

Well, I want to add one more to your list. A woman in her 50's (that look's 65 probably from smoking with leathery skin) with bleached hair, matching velour sweatsuit with her obviously post pregnant belly hanging out with a belly button ring. I know I see that type everytime I go there. Unfortunately I go there often but you can't beat the prices. I try to do most of my grocery shopping there and I have to say, I think that the first comment was correct, my kids behave better at Target - I'll have to test it out -I just can't grocery shop at Target.

One last comment. Most people know that your blog is true. The customer service is, let's just say, less than par, it's always dirty, etc. But I have found that you have to be careful what you say. I made the mistake of bagging on walmart and their customer service at an EQ social and found out that the guy that was standing there with us, who is somewhat less acive, works for walmart. Tim was no help. He's the one that pointed it out to me and everyone standing there. I felt like such a dork. One of my more embarrassing moments.

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Well, my intentions were most definitely not to make fun of seniors and handicapped. I just find it an interesting place to people watch, much like the state fairs and (something I regularly attend) the Scottish Games. The freaks are out in volume at these three places! I am saddened to see senior citizens handing out carts in the cold entry way of the WAL*MART. It is a sad state we live in when so much is abundant in our country yet social security is pathetic and we have not learned to prepare as we should or that companies no longer see the benefit of caring for their employees or that employees no longer care to invest themselves to the company they work for with any longevity.

Should I take this blog down? I don't want to offend anyone.

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

I do appreciate the fact that they do give Seniors that opportunity. I am sure there is an upside to it for WAL*MART, but none the less, they do hire their fair share of those that need the extra income. That is great!

Anonymous said...

No, Don't take it down. I was afraid that I ranted on something that was put up in fun. Not the "Ha ha I'm laughing at you" type fun, but the "Ha Ha look at silly us" fun. People are weird, and fun to look at and observe and unfortunately not always found in their best attire any more. I like to watch those shows on KUED about Salt Lake in the 50's that show everyone in their dresses, high heels, suits and ties going shopping downtown on Saturdays and wonder why we got away from trying to look nice when we go out.

Oh yeah, I remember now why I don't wear heels to go shopping.

Which reminds me, all most all of those things except for the food, beer and diapers oh and the bike can be seen at your local movie theater. We went to see a movie the other night and there were several women there in different areas wearing T-shirts, pajama bottoms and fluffy slippers. Adult Women! I think we need to start a trend of dressing up again.

Which also reminds me of a co-worker who always dresses to the nines for work, dresses, high heels and looks ready for a photo shoot at all times. She works in a very small office off the warehouse. One morning she was getting ready for work and asked her husband "Does this look all right?" He replied "You look fine Marty, You work with Mice for heavens sake!"

One more thought. Ray and I went shopping for a mattress the other day and managed to hit every store in the valley that sells mattresses. As we were leaving one store a young mother was coming in. In her arms was a baby, about 9 or 10 months old, he was wearing levis, a blue and white sport type shirt with a number on it, a small blue baseball cap cranked to the side. He had several gold bracelets on his wrists and several gold chains around his neck, what got me was the big gold $ sign on one of the chains.

Nope, it wasn't Walmart either, but I am sure it was his best attire since he was decked out in all his bling!

Leslie said...

Marque, this is why blogs are good because it brings out good conversation.

Dontcha dare take it down. This is YOUR blog...we are just interlopers who are glad to read what you have to say.

Robb, Rhonda and girls said...

I hate to go against the grain but our wal-mart is better than our target. It's clean and most of the employees are very helpful. And it has self-checkout, which target does not(I love self checkout!) Target tends to not be as clean, and there are usually long lines.(because they only have 2 of the 20 checkout's open) And you see the same type of people at both.