In week one of the college football season, THE University of Southern California started the year off right! SC lit it up early by scoring 21 consecutive points against the Cavaliers of Virginia in the first quarter. They then continued to roll by beating their opponent soundly in the skirmish! Go my favorite team! Go team go! (Brian Regan reference). The final score was 52-7. It was not an exciting game; as a matter of fact, The Men of Troy kept the game plan relatively vanilla in an effort to keep Ohio State guessing as they prepare to make the trip to the Coliseum. Three things were obvious, 1) Sanchez is the right man for the job. He dominated the Cavalier defense with a completion rate of 26 of 35 passes for 338 yards and 3 touchdowns. His only interception could be attributed to Joe McKnight on a tipped pass that should have been caught. 2) USC has so many weapons. Nine different Trojans scored! Nine! 3) The Trojan D is LEGIT!!! They only allowed 32 yards rushing, forcing Virginia to play a very one dimensional game. Bottom line...SC needs to now turn their focus to the Ohio State Buckeyes, who also dominated their competition against an Ohio high school team in Youngstown. BRING IT!!!!
On another game day note, I LOVE MY WIFE!!! This morning when I was watching ESPN College Game Day (my favorite television show), Sarah said to me in passing, "It was nice knowing you. See you in four months." She makes me laugh; she is so funny. Most people don't know that side of her. She makes me smile when she supports me in my addiction and proudly proclaims herself a "Trojan by marriage". On her own and without my persuasion, she made this T-shirt that said things like "Trojan Pride", "Fight On!", "Tommy is my Homeboy", "True Love USC", "Beat the Bruins", "If it's not SC Football, it's not football" and "Life is Swell if You are a USC Fan." What a great wife.
We also had the Valderrama's and Hopkins over to watch the game and grill some burgers. It is always good to see them. I am so blessed with so many friends, but JJ is the man! We love him and his family. It was also good to see the Hopkins after way too long. The BYU win over Northern Iowa helped to make a great day even better. Rise and Shout, Cougars!
On another game day note, I LOVE MY WIFE!!! This morning when I was watching ESPN College Game Day (my favorite television show), Sarah said to me in passing, "It was nice knowing you. See you in four months." She makes me laugh; she is so funny. Most people don't know that side of her. She makes me smile when she supports me in my addiction and proudly proclaims herself a "Trojan by marriage". On her own and without my persuasion, she made this T-shirt that said things like "Trojan Pride", "Fight On!", "Tommy is my Homeboy", "True Love USC", "Beat the Bruins", "If it's not SC Football, it's not football" and "Life is Swell if You are a USC Fan." What a great wife.
We also had the Valderrama's and Hopkins over to watch the game and grill some burgers. It is always good to see them. I am so blessed with so many friends, but JJ is the man! We love him and his family. It was also good to see the Hopkins after way too long. The BYU win over Northern Iowa helped to make a great day even better. Rise and Shout, Cougars!

9 comments:
Sarah, couldn't you leave the comments about the Bruins out of this thing? I thought that you had more class than to get all caught up in the war of words that most trojans have. Has Marque ever told you about Mr. Brown from DAL?
I think your wife is pretty amazing too! It may be time to get to know the Trospers better in person. Really enjoyed your testimony today!
Thank you Amy. We should double date sometime!
Timbo, You know I love you like a brother. Don't be offended. What did Mr. Brown say?
Q,
Who is Mr. Brown? What about the game last night? It was a great game to watch (if you didn't see the game).I am excited for the big game in December @ the Rose Bowl.
Sarah, you are amazing (for and in spite of being able to be a USC supporter).
I should post a photo of my angry face when I realized Marque put that photo of me on the blog. However it's better then photos he was taking of my butt which is how he took said photo of angry face in the first place. Marque is such a sweet talker though. How can I complain when he says such nice things? Thanks Tim for the sweet talk and the smack talk. You may think I'm brainwashed, but you too can become a Trojan fan! It's fun and easy. All you need is the right shirt, a team worth routing for, then sit back and watch them win. It's so much fun. I do love football season(but ask me again in 4 months after listening to hours of Sport Center chatter). Yet another reason to get excited and plan a party.
You both are too funny! I'm glad the Valderrama's and Hopkins were able to come over. Too bad the VanBuskirk's are too far away. That would have made for a REAL exciting game. As many have been in the past. When you all come to share a game at the Rose Bowl come on by to see me!!
Sarah, loved your shirt AND your angry face!
You all know I could care less about football. But I just had to chime in. I just couldn't pass up Sarah's comment that supports my views. She said, "you too can become a Trojan fan! It's fun and easy. All you need is the right shirt." That is what I have been telling Tim for over 12 years now, It's not really the team you like, it's just the shirts because the players come and go. The only thing that is consistent is the shirts.
(I am sure I am going to get an earful now.)
Q, I just figured out who Mr. Brown is, he was our favorit math teacher @ DAL. You know, the one who you could get on a tangent about UCLA or talking smack about USC. Sarah, it might be easy for you to be a USC fan, but I have standards far higher than that and that is why I am a UCLA fan!! I will go to my grave never being a USC fan!!!! I will root for Arkansas or even BYU before USC! Here on the East Coast, USC refers to the University of South Carolina. As far as Casey and her shirt/uniform comment, I don't buy that hullabaloo!! Q, I know we are brothers and w/o a little SC/UCLA smack talk, what would college football season be like. It would be like the good old days of HS when w/o Kevin liking the RAMS/LAMBS, we wouldn't have had nearly as much fun watching the 49ers win ALL of those games. Later-- (Sara, you should show up at a USC game sometime, maybe like the last game of the season, wearing blue & gold rather than those other ugly colors in your pictures with Q)!!!
I knew who you were talking about...Mr. Brown, but I forgot he was a big Bruin fan. We will always have Kevin and the Lambs to team up together against.
Post a Comment