From Wayne's World the movie;
Wayne: Do you smell bacon?
Garth: I definitely smell a pork product of some kind.
My brother is a pig! I mean P I G! Pride Integrity & Guts! My brother is a cop. He has served in Los Angeles, Huntington Beach and currently in Chino, California, our old stomping grounds. He is a good officer. I have always been one to "kick against the pricks" or dislike authority just for the sake of it, and this is the case with police as well. For some reason, I always give them flack. There are some real attitudes with badges out there and I believe the authority goes to their heads sometimes. Objectively speaking though, cops are awesome.
My brother is a perfect example of why they are so awesome! Even the A-hole cops out there are awesome. They put their lives directly in the line of fire, figuratively and literally. For that, I admire them. I don't think I would be brave enough to do that day in and day out. Police officers are very willing to deal with things I choose not to deal with, and for that I admire them. My brother is not one of those cops that has attitude (although he has had a tiny bit creep in, but it probably necessary in this line of work). He was not picked on in high school, he was popular within his circle of friends and well liked by all circles. He is not racist or sexist, but tries to be level headed and objective in his judgments. He is short. HAHA. I had to fit that in here in case he reads it. If all cops were more like him, I think the world would be a safer place and his occupation would be admired even more.
Think about it. When little boys are asked what they want to be when they grow up, they do not answer, "VP of Customer Relations for a mid-sized marketing firm". Many answer quickly and enthusiastically, "I WANT TO BE A COP!" Scott is living the dream of many young boys in the world and living it well. Recently he was honored for saving a man's life after he was stabbed. I am sure he humbly received the award simply writing it off as part of his job. Keep doing well, brother and be safe. And remember, I am still your older brother and will kindly put you in your place if you get too much attitude! I don't care if you know Krav Maga, I can still sit on you!
Wayne: Do you smell bacon?
Garth: I definitely smell a pork product of some kind.
My brother is a pig! I mean P I G! Pride Integrity & Guts! My brother is a cop. He has served in Los Angeles, Huntington Beach and currently in Chino, California, our old stomping grounds. He is a good officer. I have always been one to "kick against the pricks" or dislike authority just for the sake of it, and this is the case with police as well. For some reason, I always give them flack. There are some real attitudes with badges out there and I believe the authority goes to their heads sometimes. Objectively speaking though, cops are awesome.
My brother is a perfect example of why they are so awesome! Even the A-hole cops out there are awesome. They put their lives directly in the line of fire, figuratively and literally. For that, I admire them. I don't think I would be brave enough to do that day in and day out. Police officers are very willing to deal with things I choose not to deal with, and for that I admire them. My brother is not one of those cops that has attitude (although he has had a tiny bit creep in, but it probably necessary in this line of work). He was not picked on in high school, he was popular within his circle of friends and well liked by all circles. He is not racist or sexist, but tries to be level headed and objective in his judgments. He is short. HAHA. I had to fit that in here in case he reads it. If all cops were more like him, I think the world would be a safer place and his occupation would be admired even more.
Think about it. When little boys are asked what they want to be when they grow up, they do not answer, "VP of Customer Relations for a mid-sized marketing firm". Many answer quickly and enthusiastically, "I WANT TO BE A COP!" Scott is living the dream of many young boys in the world and living it well. Recently he was honored for saving a man's life after he was stabbed. I am sure he humbly received the award simply writing it off as part of his job. Keep doing well, brother and be safe. And remember, I am still your older brother and will kindly put you in your place if you get too much attitude! I don't care if you know Krav Maga, I can still sit on you!
Here is the article on my brother, Scott:
http://www.chinopd.org/Overview%20pages/Lifesaving.htm


2 comments:
He got TWO life saving awards at the same time. Also, just recently he saved a little boy who was in the pool. The little boy was safe, but his phone drowned. He's a good kid isn't he?
Way to go Scott. Stay safe!
Post a Comment