This year was the 2008 Johnson Family reunion at Snowbird, Utah. While the turnout was not quite as nice as the last reunion in Sturgis, South Dakota, it was equally enjoyable. Thank you, Aunt Lynette for the effort and time you put into it.
While the reunion was at Snowbird in Little Cottonwood Canyon, Sarah and I along with my Mother stayed at the PMI condominium at Solitude. The difference between Solitude and Snowbird is amazing. Solitude is so much nicer and less crowded. The condo was sooooo nice. Thank you Steve, Boyd, Phil and Len for letting me use it. It was worth the daily drive to and from to stay in Solitude.
My Grandmother is the greatest!
My Grandmother is the greatest!Veora Rose Johnson Bliss Baldwin. Grandma is 86 (I think), but is still going soooo strong. She is so spunky and fun. She was married to my Grandfather, William James Bliss, until his death. I miss him so much. She had eight children with him, Jimmy (deceased), my Mother, Lynette, Bill, Susan, Karen (deceased), Brock and Becky. She grew up in South Dakota and raised her family in Denver, Colorado and Fullerton, California. She is frugal and respects money. Much of that comes from being raised in the depression. She and my Grandfather were successful with multiple restaurants. She has been a great example for me. After my Grandfather's death, she married Herb Baldwin, a childhood friend. He is a funny guy. I am happy she has found a companion in him. My Grandmother is awesome! She was definitely the highlight of the reunion. She was so funny. Sometimes without even trying to be.
The family threw Sarah and I a baby shower. It was a total surprise to both of us and very emotional. Aunt Lynette knitted a blanket for our little one. She shared a touching and emotional story that was behind the making of the blanket. It was very kind. Aunt Susan, Grandma, Uncle Bill, Uncle Brock, Aunt Carmen and Mom all gave us gifts as well. We were both very touched. We are so lucky to have such loving families.
Most of the reunion took place in room 113 of the Lodge at Snowbird. This is when it became a blessing that most could not attend. It was crowded enough as it was with the few that did show up. It was a challenge to get a seat at times. Every once in a while we ventured out of the lodge and up the mountain. We took a ride up to Hidden Peak on the tram. We took the Peruvian Gulch chair lift down. We enjoyed it thoroughly.
Us, Uncle Bill, Cousin Bob and Janet, Uncle Bill N., Aunt Susan, Uncle Ray, Aunt Carmen, Aunt Lynette, Grandma, Mom and Uncle BrockIt is so beautiful in Utah. We are truly blessed to live so close to Mother Nature. The view from the top of Hidden Peak was gorgeous. The weather was perfect and we all enjoyed hiking around and taking a few photo ops.

The reunion was fun. We spent a lot of time tracing our genealogy back to David Crockett and Grover Cleveland. I particularly enjoyed looking at all the old time pictures. My Grandma gave us a photo quiz. We did better than we thought we would. I always enjoy hanging with my Aunts and Uncles. They are good people. I look up to them as my elders, but I am only ten to fifteen years younger than them, so I can relate to them more than my cousins. I really have a great family.
















2 comments:
You're related to Davey Crockett and Grover Cleveland? No way!!!
Post a Comment