I am a very responsible person financially. I consistently pay my bills two weeks early, I have a credit score over 750, I live within my means, I avoid debt like the plague, etc. When we learned we would be adopting, I began pinching pennies where I could; adoption is far from cheap and I would rather not go into debt for it if it can be avoided.I called Wells Fargo, who financed my vehicle, two weeks before the next payment was due. I requested to defer a payment in an effort to put that payment towards the adoption. This is the advice I was given, almost verbatim, "We can not discuss a deferment until you are late in your payment. You have always been on time with your payments, so a deferment shouldn't be a problem. Just be late on your payment on purpose and call us then." It didn't really make sense to me, but I agreed to play the game.
Two days after my payment was due, I called Wells Fargo to request the deferment. They quickly said "No" to the deferment request and demanded my payment a.s.a.p. to avoid a late payment. Whatever! I was a bit perturbed at the situation. Not because my deferment request was denied, but because I was late at their request! I am never late and I hate the thought of being late. The next day, the payment was mailed out. I recently learned that my payment missed the grace period and I was charged a $30 late fee. This really annoyed me.
I called Wells Fargo to request that they remove the late charge. I had them verify that I have never been late. They did so and still denied my request! They said, "You should have paid your bill online." I became hysterical as I raised my voice time and time again stating, "I WAS ONLY LATE BECAUSE YOU TOLD ME TO!" The customer service rep said, "It's only $30". It isn't about the money at this point. It is the principle! I told her I would never do business with Wells Fargo again and that I would do my best to see that any friend and family member also avoid using them. Her reply...."You do what you need to do." What the?!
This is the problem with big business. It is so frustrating, as the customer, when businesses get so large that they genuinely do not care if you are satisfied or not. When they don't feel any repercusions of losing a customer. The sad thing is, that I am beginning to feel they are right; taking my business elsewhere will not hurt them. I say this because I have already sworn never to do business with Wells Fargo in 1994. I was disgusted when the dealership set me up with a loan from them. They seem to still be getting stronger. Oh well. I am still strong willed enough to still try to help them see that the customer is key. Maybe if enough people put a foot down against their big business tactics, they will begin to understand.
Friends and Family - DO NOT USE WELLS FARGO. There are sooooo many local banks and credit unions that want your business. It is so pleasant to walk into the Bank of American Fork and hear the teller address me by name, in a manner that tells me they appreciate my business. You will never get that from Wells Fargo. Why? Because WELLS FARGO SUCKS!!!!!
11 comments:
You don't have to tell me twice!!!!
I agree on all aspects of your post. I HATE Wells Fargo. The last straw for us was when we deposited $6,000 and they told me it would take a week to clear. Not Fair but okay. 7 days later I make a payment to pay off another loan and they did not release the money until 11 days after deposit. Still they said it was my fault. We immediately went to Mt America credit union and set up an account. We used the bank on 12300 south in Draper and the drive up was so slow. We could count on 5-10 min at the drive up with just one car in front of us. Since changing banks it has been so nice to get in and out of the drive up in less than a minute. Credit Unions are the way to go..
Amen. I love banking with a local credit union.
hey i agree too! i never knew until i worked within the finacial institution realm - but i vowed never to go there.
I left Wells Fargo not long after they acquired First Security. The breaking point for me was when I was $3.65 over drawn because they put a 7 day hold on my paycheck with out telling me. To add to the matter I was charged $40 for an overdraft and charged again for an overdraft when the first $40 overdraft bounched. Double Jeopardy? Why does the cycle end with only 1 extra $40 bounce? Customer service gave me no recourse other than to suck it up and enjoy getting screwed.
After hearing all this and more, I am beginning to believe that Wells Fargo not only sucks, but blows too!
Amen Brother!!! We hate Wells Fargo Too!!! We ONCE had a home loan with them, which they managed to screw up and we went in and they still couldn't help us... Even in person. We refinanced to get away from them and there little fee's...
This make me laugh! I have been meeting with Wells Fargo about investing money and I couldn't decide if it would be a good idea or a bad idea to go with a large financial instiution. I guess you've given me a lot to think about.
Katie,
DON'T DO IT!!!!
Haha. Just kidding. I believe you should do what you think is right. If my advice can help save you a headache or two, then I would suggest you stear clear of Wells Fargo because WELLS FARGO SUCKS!!!
Big suprise, but I too have had problems with them. My new financial enemy is HSBC. I honestly think the devil started this bank. So everyone add them to your list of where not to bank or otherwise give money to.
Scott
I just canceled two credit cards with HSBC. Literally, right after reading this comment, Scott. I am backing your play, brother.
Post a Comment