Only 5 days after I publicly had a change of heart regarding law enforcement, the American Fork Police Department is hard at work to change my heart against them. For the second time in three years, the American Fork Police have pulled Sarah over and ticketed her for a registration that is not even a month past due. Two years ago she got pulled over for a two week overdue registration on a car that was being sold the next day. The car even said, "For Sale" all over it. The cop, probably a hairless rookie, still felt it necessary to ticket her. I agree, she is a danger to society for not registering a vehicle that is not even going to be ours 24 hours later. Good job Officer Moron!
This morning, she got another ticket from Officer Moron's trainee, Officer Dipwad; another of American Fork's finest! This time, her registration is 27 days over due. Again, we spent the last two weeks trying to sell it, so I purposely procrastinated registering it. On top of that, we have been busy with family in town and our trip to Wisconsin. I realize it is ultimately my fault for having not registered the car, but seriously. Is ticketing innocent women for slightly past due vehicle registrations really how these officers planned on impacting society?! I could understand if it was more than a month overdue, but 2-4 weeks? Pathetic. I can understand pulling her over and giving her a warning, but a ticket?! Pathetic. I discussed this with my brother and he acknowledged that he would not have even pulled her over until it was much later past the registration date. I guess cops in California have more important things to tend to than ticketing innocent women for very minor infractions. I guess they have to pay for their new fancy cars somehow, everyone knows the money doesn't go towards their salaries! I used to think they were underpaid, but now I wonder if they are overpaid....anyone can do what was just done to Sarah.
The officer pulled Sarah over on 700N. and 900W. She was not speeding; she was specifically pulled over for the tags. If the money made on that ticket went towards fixing that crappy intersection or makeshift patchwork they call call 900W., I would be happy to pay the ticket! If the money went towards making the roads in American Fork look like the roads of a suburban American city rather than the roads of Tijuana, Mexico, I would purposely speed by every cop I see just to pay the ticket! Everyone knows it may be cheaper than replacing all my tires and wheels! The bottom line is that it is my fault. I will register the car today and pay the ticket tomorrow, but the American Fork Police Department has not won me over. Great job, American Fork Police! PATHETIC!!!!
This morning, she got another ticket from Officer Moron's trainee, Officer Dipwad; another of American Fork's finest! This time, her registration is 27 days over due. Again, we spent the last two weeks trying to sell it, so I purposely procrastinated registering it. On top of that, we have been busy with family in town and our trip to Wisconsin. I realize it is ultimately my fault for having not registered the car, but seriously. Is ticketing innocent women for slightly past due vehicle registrations really how these officers planned on impacting society?! I could understand if it was more than a month overdue, but 2-4 weeks? Pathetic. I can understand pulling her over and giving her a warning, but a ticket?! Pathetic. I discussed this with my brother and he acknowledged that he would not have even pulled her over until it was much later past the registration date. I guess cops in California have more important things to tend to than ticketing innocent women for very minor infractions. I guess they have to pay for their new fancy cars somehow, everyone knows the money doesn't go towards their salaries! I used to think they were underpaid, but now I wonder if they are overpaid....anyone can do what was just done to Sarah.
The officer pulled Sarah over on 700N. and 900W. She was not speeding; she was specifically pulled over for the tags. If the money made on that ticket went towards fixing that crappy intersection or makeshift patchwork they call call 900W., I would be happy to pay the ticket! If the money went towards making the roads in American Fork look like the roads of a suburban American city rather than the roads of Tijuana, Mexico, I would purposely speed by every cop I see just to pay the ticket! Everyone knows it may be cheaper than replacing all my tires and wheels! The bottom line is that it is my fault. I will register the car today and pay the ticket tomorrow, but the American Fork Police Department has not won me over. Great job, American Fork Police! PATHETIC!!!!

6 comments:
See, now you know where the nickname "PIGS" comes from!!!! That really sucks!
Wow that is amazing!!! 2 times... Poor Sarah!!! Maybe the second cop got trained by the first!
Scott was just promoted to Motor Patrol, which means he is on a motorcycle. He no longer takes patrol calls, but instead, his entire job is to give tickets. Even still he says he would not have even considered pulling Sarah over in these circumstances. He says the only time he would have is if she looked suspicious...like a gang banger. I don't think Sarah looks like a gang banger. To quote my police officer brother, "It sounds like the police officer in American Fork that pulled over Sarah is a TOOL!"
While this is definitely not funny for Sarah, your description of it all had Chris and I giggling. I'm not a big fan of the AF police department...or the Lehi police department...or the New Jersey, Missouri, and Massachusetts police departments. But my "traffic crimes" weren't so innocent!
Wow Marque your comments were heard all the way down here by the CHP, Jim was just pulled over for the same thing as Sarah!! We Miss and love you both!!!!
Amy,
Traffic crimes not so innocent...enquiring minds want to know.
Sam, We will see you in early October unless Nicole goes into labor three weeks early.
Post a Comment