Saturday, June 28, 2008

I Love Utah!!!


Today was a good day! I love Utah. They have so many great activities for families almost always. It is also very beautiful here and mother nature is easily within reach.

We started out early today even though it was Saturday. Sarah went to the Freedom Festival Kids Parade in Provo. She said there were more participants than there were spectators. Our nephew Elijah and his Joy School (pre-school) fellow students decorated their bikes and rode them in the parade. I was bummed that I could not be there, but I had already committed to a game of golf with some neighbors, Brandon Peterson, Bryan Boshell and Paul Webb. (No pictures because Sarah took the camera). We went to Talon's Cove at Saratoga Springs. I actually golfed quite well. Bogie golf for me is quite well. I enjoyed playing with these guys because they don't take the game too seriously and they have fun.

After golfing and parading, we went up the canyon for a picnic. The American Fork Canyon is right by our home and is easily accessible. It is so beautiful in the canyon, but a bit crowded on Saturdays. We drove up Tibble Fork to Silver Lake Flats. The Peirce's, Reeds and Josh and Ian came along. I was a bit worried for the Reeds car. The trail was not really Pontiac Bonneville compatible. It made it though and just in time as it was beginning to overheat. We had a great picnic in a great setting with a great family.

Anyways, Here are a few pics of the day.
Elijah the Parade Master - Made in America
Our little Patriots, Elijah and Cole
Sarah and my boys...okay, they are her boys too.
Me and My Boys
Me and My Boys Again, I don't know why I didn't get a pic of their family...I thought I did.
Me and Jakey!
Josh teaching the boys how to skip rocks.

5 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

What cute nephews. I can't wait to see you guys with your own children. You will put the rest of us to shame as parents I'm sure. The children that come to your house will be lucky kids to have such awesome parents!

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Thank you, you are too kind. I have my doubts about our parenting skills, but I am sure that is natural. We have so many examples (like you guys) in our family, ward and neighborhood.

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

Such great pics! We need to get together soon. For the first time visit to your blog, it was a great experience. Thanks!

Rhett and Jenteal said...

It was lots of fun. Thanks for the invite!!