Sunday, June 15, 2008

If It Nae Scottish, It's CRAP!!!!

There is an old Scottish saying, "He was a bold man who first ate Haggis." That is as true a statement as I have ever heard. Here is one of my own, "He was a silly man who first thought of Haggis!" Other than Haggis, I believe in the adage, "If it's not Scottish, it's crap!" Spoken so convincingly by Stuart McKenzie on "So I Married An Axe Murderer."


Today we went to the Scottish Highland Games at Thanksgiving Point, Lehi, Utah. I have never been impressed with this event. The Payson games seem to be more fun for some reason. I know it doesn't make any sense since all the same players are there. I grew up with the Chino Scottish Festival which I perceive to be superior to both the Thanksgiving Point and Payson Festivals.

I was a bit bummed, because Saturday was so busy we were only barely able to squeeze the event in. We really wanted to hang with Randy and Amy Tubbs, but we got such a late start and missed so much of the games. We still had fun hanging with them for a short while. Sarah's brother, Joshua, came with us. He is always fun to have around. We were in such a hurry to get there, that I didn't don the kilt. I did wear my family badge though. That is always good for a couple conversations. Anyway, we will have to invite Randy and Amy to go hang with us in Payson in July for the games then.

Until then, here are a few pics of our day.

Sarah wearing her suit of armor. Check out that six pack!I am glad they cleaned up this crest. The guy in the middle (with my head) is typically nude in this crest.
"So there I was in the Congo...."
This thing was heavy, about 20 pounds. I can't imagine an entire suit of it!Josh, Sarah's brother smiling at his mega expensive lemonade and shepherd's pie.

3 comments:

Wyatt and Tara said...

Nice pictures! I am sad that there was no kilt though.

PrestonFM said...

That particular crest has never had the fully naked demi savage. Good to see the pic!

Leslie said...

What fun! Wish I was there to go with you.