Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hoozah for Kaden! A Local Movie Review

Anyone who knows me knows that one of my truest loves is my love of history. Our vacations often revolve around the local history or culture of the area and Sarah often points out the fact that I am incapable of driving past a placard or Point Of Interest marker. The only thing that has kept me from pursuing a career involving history is my awful memory. My memory sucks! There is no two ways about it! There is a young man in my ward who possesses a love of history as well, but seems to have some kind of amazing ability to remember dates, names and locations....three things that perfect knowledge of history must encompass. His name is Kaden. He recently entered a literary contest of some sort regarding American history. He did not win first prize, but he did take home the award (and cash) granted by the Colonial Williamsburg Historical Society. If he has not been to Williamsburg, Yorktown and Jamestown before, I hope he makes a trip to visit there now. I hope he does not mind including a link to his video, but he did a great job...even greater considering he is twelve. Great job, Kaden!

http://baconsrebellionmovie.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marque,
I always know that if I need some great entertainment and wise words to ponder we can turn to your blog site. WOW! Little did I expect to stop by today only to be surprised by this amazing review of Kaden's movie. You are such a great guy and have now made Kaden feel like a celebrity. Thanks for being awesome and making our day!
-The Groves Fam

RobHeidi Family said...

Wow! So cool! Amy has done a smashing job with that boy! You know I spent a ton of time at Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown last summer and loved every minute of it! I had to become an adult to know I loved history so much!

Leslie said...

I'm so glad you love history. It was always fun to have ONE of my kids that WANTED to stop at all the placards, and read everything possible in each museum. Especially the "living" museums like Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, and the Yorba Slaughter Adobe.