Today the Nicol family spoke in church...all fifty of them! Just kidding, but there are nine, ten if you count Kellen who is serving a mission right now. There are a few families that really impressed Sarah and I from the moment we moved into this ward and the Nicols are one of those families. Everyone in our ward and neighborhood are awesome, but the Nicol's are spot on perfect! Don and Kim have set such a great example for us to follow when it comes to parenting...I think. Truthfully, I haven't observed their parenting skills up close, but I have observed their children. The Nicol kids truly love their family and show it in all they do. This is not to say they don't have issues, but I can honestly say, I have not seem those issues. I have mostly dealt with the sons in young men's. Kellen, Perry and Connor have proven to be the most respectful and polite young men I have had the opportunity to work with. That means a lot! We have a great group of young men. The Nicol boys have always shown that they are loving of eachother, their younger sisters and their parents. They are obedient to the commandments of our Heavenly Father and they have developed a deep love and testimony of His gospel. I am certain this is not by chance. Don and Kim obviously had something to do with this...either that or they won some kind of perfect children lottery! None the less, we will miss their family. I hope they know what a pleasure it has been to observe their family. The ward and neighborhood that they move into will be truly blessed by their presence.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
If a Penny Gets Me Your Thoughts, Then What Do I Get For a Nicol?!
Posted by www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com at 11:13 PM
Labels: american fork, Church, family, friendship, meadowbrook, Orchard Hills, Team 1151
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Guys,
This is Hillary Hampton, previously known as Hillary Mathis. I've been trying to stalk you, but I haven't been very successful. Just kidding, but I have been trying to get in touch again and found your blog and website. I've enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your pictures throughout the years.
Sarah, when you get a chance, please e-mail me at hillarymh@yahoo.com. I'd love to get in touch again and I'm even coming to Utah in July and if you're around I'd love to meet up. I hope to hear from you soon.
Take care,
Hillary
What a nice tribute. I hope the Nicols get a chance to read your blog because I'm sure they would be pleased.
Post a Comment