No, this blog has not been hijacked. This is Sarah actually posting something on the blog. It’s Fathers Day and I thought I’d give Marque the day off…
Here is a video of my dad. Honestly I searched for two hours for something with more of him. However, as the main camera man he was always the one recording. But if you knew my dad this is a pretty good representation of his personality. This is how I remember him. Always goofing around with us using a funny voice. He was a happy person. It took a lot for him to loose his temper. There were usually tools involved if that happened. All 4 of us kids had nick names, several, as he would merge them and personalize them for each of us. Molly…Molly Sue… Sarah Sue…Joshua…the Wodge….The Jake-uah. These and so many more endearments used so many times. It makes me wonder what his nicknames for his grandkids would be. In looking for Dad footage I went through years of memories in minutes. Family trips, birthdays, and everyday memories I hadn’t thought about in a long time. To me what eminates from those tapes was the great love my dad had for his family. He was so proud of us. That feeling is almost tangible when I watch those videos. Like he wanted to hold on to us and those memories forever. I wish Marque was able to know him better before he passed. To know him as my family knows him. When we talk about my dad I feel like Marque gets a glimpse into the person my dad was. I don’t mean to make anyone sad by talking about this. As our neighborhood is touched by tragedy loss has been on my mind a lot. Life is so precious and fleeting sometimes. I often think of, but hardly ever express how grateful I am for the wonderful people who fill my life. I am so thankful for the experiences I‘ve been given, and am truly blessed with a close family that I hold dearer everyday. I just wanted to say a few words to honor my dad, and all the fathers (with and without kids) in my life. I love you all, Happy Fathers Day!
Love,
Saree-Sa-rah-rah
Here is a video of my dad. Honestly I searched for two hours for something with more of him. However, as the main camera man he was always the one recording. But if you knew my dad this is a pretty good representation of his personality. This is how I remember him. Always goofing around with us using a funny voice. He was a happy person. It took a lot for him to loose his temper. There were usually tools involved if that happened. All 4 of us kids had nick names, several, as he would merge them and personalize them for each of us. Molly…Molly Sue… Sarah Sue…Joshua…the Wodge….The Jake-uah. These and so many more endearments used so many times. It makes me wonder what his nicknames for his grandkids would be. In looking for Dad footage I went through years of memories in minutes. Family trips, birthdays, and everyday memories I hadn’t thought about in a long time. To me what eminates from those tapes was the great love my dad had for his family. He was so proud of us. That feeling is almost tangible when I watch those videos. Like he wanted to hold on to us and those memories forever. I wish Marque was able to know him better before he passed. To know him as my family knows him. When we talk about my dad I feel like Marque gets a glimpse into the person my dad was. I don’t mean to make anyone sad by talking about this. As our neighborhood is touched by tragedy loss has been on my mind a lot. Life is so precious and fleeting sometimes. I often think of, but hardly ever express how grateful I am for the wonderful people who fill my life. I am so thankful for the experiences I‘ve been given, and am truly blessed with a close family that I hold dearer everyday. I just wanted to say a few words to honor my dad, and all the fathers (with and without kids) in my life. I love you all, Happy Fathers Day!
Love,
Saree-Sa-rah-rah
3 comments:
That's definelty how Uncle John was!! Funny Guy with lots of love to give.
Oh...Saree-Sa-rah-rah! Now I have a nickname for you and Q(Shaniqua)! This is a good day for me! I loved what you said about your dad. It is good to have this day roll around each year so we can reflect on the great men around us! My kids reflect on Q, their God Father and they sure love him! (you too of course but let's just try and focus on the guys for a day here) Yes,the deaths in the ward keep reminding us of life's important people and moments. We are holding each other a little tighter and a little longer these days. We cherish you two as such close friends. You are the main perk of living in this neighborhood! We love you two!
Sarah,
What a beautiful tribute to your father. Even though we knew him such a short time it was apparent how special you all were to him. There was still that shine in his eyes.
I could always feel that tender spot you had for him as well. It is beautiful to see when a child cherishes the love and nurturing a parent gives.
I am so grateful for the influence your Mom and Dad had in making you the perfect wife for our Markie Poo (etc)....and the perfect daughter in love.
Mom
Post a Comment