Thursday, August 13, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect

As you all may or may not know, we recently traveled to Southern California to celebrate in the marriage of my little brother to his love, Cynthia. It was an enjoyable time and we are so happy we were able to participate in their special day.
Scott has known Cynthia for at least 19 years since they both began attending Don Antonio Lugo High School. Apparently he had a crush on her ever since that time. If you know Scott, you know he tends to be a little shy when it comes to the lady types and for that reason he never asked her out. I for one am glad that he is shy because however long it took, it ended right.
The best part of the entire event was just being with my family. I am the luckiest dude in the world. I have a great wife, fantastic parents, brothers I am close to, two fun nieces and now two wonderful sisters-in-law.
When we left, Sarah asked if we should haul the playpen to Cali. My answer was quick and correct. "Once we get there, she will never touch the ground and we will not see her again." Of course, she was the hit of the party even though I lectured her to not steal the spotlight from Scott and Cynthia. Needless to say, Leah loves her Aunt Sam.
Scott's good friend, Samuel, returned from service in Iraq the day before the wedding. Scooter did not know he was coming so it was a great surprise.
Did I mention I have great brothers and nieces?
Scott's and Jim's friends, Kenny and Tina, opened their beautiful home for the wedding. It was the perfect setting as their home sits atop the hills looking over Temecula. Kenny is a great guy. It doesn't hurt that he is an SC fan. Scott Helbing was there all day to help set up too. It is always good to see Scott. He is a good friend of the family and while he tends to be a little rough around the edges, he is always conscience and respectful of me...more than he needs to be. He is a good guy.
After setting up, my Mum made a great lasagna meal with salad and breadsticks to boot! She did a great job and everyone ate well. After eating it was time to get serious (except for the guys) and practice the ceremony. After all, practice makes perfect.
I know my family is totally cool and fun to hang with, but I still think Sarah is quite the trooper. She is always so patient with our silliness and such.
Like I said, the view was amazing. Pops enjoyed hanging out and taking it all in.
The last night of bachelorhood for my littlest brother, Scooter McPooter. I love you, bro!
The location was great from a comfort point of view too. At least for me. It was hot during the day, but at night, it cooled off perfectly. I was concerned it would be blistering hot during the wedding too in my black polyester tux. Luckily it was not.
I love my nieces, Madyson and Hailey. They are the most fun and cute girls ever! Well, other than Leah.
The girls love their Aunt Sarah
The practice was fun. Scott and Samuel had a few in them if you know what I mean. Scott was cracking me up all night long. Jim was the responsible guy in the group out of respect for Scott and he kept the other two in line.
The newlywed couple...PSYCH! Just kidding, this is just a dry run. One of three. The real deal went down the following day.
Mom walked Scott down the aisle and Dad followed closely behind.

I don't know what the deal is with this pic. I assume I was dancing down the aisle in an effort to make fun of that dorky couple from Minnesota.
Cynthia was escorted by her Mother and her Father.
Again, Kenny and Tina did a fantastic job creating a special venue for the wedding. This stage and fountain did not exist two weeks ago. Kenny built it especially for this occasion. What a generous friend.
Sarah holding down the groom's side of the aisle.
See you tomorrow!

1 comments:

Leslie said...

You are a great photographer and histographer. Thanks for the story in pics. It is so much fun to look at them and remember.