Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kuckoo! Kuckoo! Kuckoo!


Am I taking crazy pills here, or what?! Read the next paragraph as taken directly from the White House today and tell me if I am the only one who is having a hard time understanding.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- In a chilling forecast, the White House is predicting a 10-year federal deficit of $9 trillion -- more than the sum of all previous deficits since America's founding. And it says by the next decade's end the national debt will equal three-quarters of the entire U.S. economy.

Now, before I put my foot in my mouth, (notice, I still plan on doing it), I admit I am not an economist, but I am really confused how going 9 trillion in debt, "more than the sum of all previous deficits", will help us!? Should I implement this plan? Should I go get a loan for 3/4's of my annual income? Who will give it to me? I will do it! I am crazy like that!

Could this possibly be the work of a hidden agenda? Honestly, I have avoided the conspiracy theorists regarding our Commander in Chief. I initially thought we should support him and pray that he will do what is right for the country. Lately, truthfully, I have quickly come under the opinion that he has an agenda that he is pushing from every angle and with such force that I believe in the long run, our country will be weakened by it. With that said, I never wish to offend and I typically avoid discussions of religion and politics so as to not offend, but I have felt this so strongly lately. If I have offended, please forgive. In two weeks, my mind will be swept away with thoughts of college football and my comments will only offend UCLA Bruins, leaving the rest at peace.

6 comments:

Casey said...

Marque, I don't think you could offend anyone. Plus, this is a free country (for now) and it's your blog. I think politics is the one thing people shouldn't be offended by. Everyone is allowed there opinion (for now). I agree with all you have said. My dad is a big fan of Glen Beck and so I have recently recorded a few shows. Today I watched one where he talked all about the things that Obama said before being nominated which were EXACTLY his agenda and I don't think anyone believed it. That's where things are headed if we aren't careful. His Zsars (sp?) are a bunch of people who are admitted communists. What should that tell us? Anyway, if you haven't seen his show, try it sometime. I think he's pretty entertaining and is committed to uncover all of Obama's ties to different organizations and all that applies to his agenda.

Ok! So now you don't have to worry about offending anyone. I probably just took care of that by my comment. Love reading your blog. And LOVE seeing that darling baby. But, I have to admit, I will be skipping any posts that have to do with USC or UCLA. I have to hear enough of it at home.

Casey said...

BTW, Any games that you need to come see out this way? We know of a great place you can stay at.

eran said...

Marque,
I had to respond...

Eran

Leslie said...

I always shrink from political discussions. While I did not vote for Mr. Obama I did have a lump in my throat when I considered the nation had not been racially motivated in their election. I felt in some ways it was a step forward for our country. As Mr. Obama's book was titled I had the "Audacity of Hope". Alot of people did. Some people saw this election with trepidation, some with joy, but you are not the only one who is becoming confused or frightened. Mr. Obama's poll numbers are slipping drastically. It's almost like watching "Big Brother" to see the changes in strategy....and to wonder what the strategy actually is. I still have the audacity to hope that I am wrong, you are wrong, and all the others who think it are wrong. But I'm beginning to think Jim really should have started the business that he planned....selling t-shirts and hats that said "I told you so!"

Unknown said...

I'm no economist or mathmatic but I'd say -9 trillion is a bad thing.
I heard today that the postal service is 50 million in debt. Really? How does this happen? It makes me angry.

Amy Lynn said...

We've got problems. ("We've" being all the people living in America.) I don't know politics very well but you don't have to be a genius to realize something's not quite right.

Anyone wanna move to Costa Rica with us? (And does anyone want to pay for us to move?)