Monday, August 31, 2009

Could It Be?!

Could it be? Is it possible? Nah! Not me!

Lately, I have been restless and I can't help but wonder...."Is this a mid-life crisis?!" If it is, I can see why so many guys make really lame decisions when they feel this way. Luckily for me, I am too smart, too fat and have it too good!

What I mean is, I am smart enough to realize what is going on in this pea-sized brain of mine and am wise enough to know that years of right living can be spent away with one poor decision. What I mean is, that I am too fat and unhealthy to do anything rash and stupid anyway. What I mean is, I have a phenomenal wife, a little angel of a daughter, a fantastic home and neighborhood and a great job! Why would I screw that up?!

None the less, I am restless. I feel like I want to travel! Start a business! Serve others! Build a raised planter! What to do? What to do? I guess I will start with building a raised planter. I have no experience in this, but luckily I was going for a somewhat rustic look anyway. It ended up being a fun project and I am not entirely done either. I have left over rock, soil and I need to plant more bushes and ground cover. For now, here is my progress. Sorry I don't have any before shots. I am happy with the outcome and have decided that I am going to do this with all the planters that currently have curbing. The rock is Colorado Red Sand Stone and I used about 1 ton which cost about $300. I stacked it and used some landscape block adhesive which cost me about $25. I used Replenish compost which is the best stuff in the world. It never fades. That ran me about $70. The most expensive part was my time. It took about 7 hours at $125 an hour. Not bad pay for an amateur, eh? I negotiated with the home owner for a pretty penny.

I plan on putting more bushes to hide the small pad behind that I use for the trashcans and some storage.







It still needs flowers, ground cover and what not. But not too bad as it is, eh?

Of course what would a post from me be without a few token pics of my little Coqui?!

8 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

Lookin' great!!! Next you can continue your practice in our yard!!! Let me know when you'll be by.. We'll be waiting! :-)

emily said...

oooooo. My yard could use some of those - you know, to help you through your mid-life crisis. Just trying to be a helpful neighbor. :)

Leslie said...

Now if more men handled their mid-life like that!

Looks really good Marque. You really do your homework when you get into a project...like knowing which bark won't lose it's color. I also liked your design, especially how it went around the corner. Great job!

Always love the Coqui too. You have gotten some really good pictures of her little teeth, which is usually hard to do.

Unknown said...

I'm so impressed! Way to work out your midlife crisis too!

eran said...

Nice work Marque...

Anonymous said...

sweet! nice work!

Sherilyn said...

WOW, so glad you are so ambitious even when you feel like a vacation or something more fun. Maybe you can put a bug in my husband's ear. I need a bit of that beautiful look in my yard. Looks like a professional look to me! Love it! Thanks for sharing the pics. L is just beautiful. What a cute personality she has. We sat behind her in church Sunday, and she entertained us!

Jes said...

It looks amazing! Great job and good choice to help with the restlessness, I hope it's working!

I love Leah's pigtails!! She is so adorable.