Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Evolution of crawling

OK. The proud mom in me couldn't stop from doing one more post. Leah has just learned to crawl in the last couple weeks. I know that 10 months is probably average to begin crawling, but I was getting anxious for her make this milestone. Everyone told me I should just enjoy the fact that she couldn't get into too much trouble. Mobility has certainly not been a problem for Leah. She began rolling over at 3 weeks and until recently used that as her mode of transportation.

Rolling turned into pulling herself with her arms.

Aug. 5th she began using one leg. I was able to catch that first one on video.

The next day Aug. 6th she used both legs and became an official crawler. This video is from this morning. Just 2 weeks later she is such a pro and likes to crawl to chairs and the banister to pull herself up.


I get sad when I think how fast our time with Leah has gone. Her 1st birthday is getting closer and that just amazes me. Seeing her progress distracts me from the fact that my little baby won't be an infant for much longer. I just love every day I get to spend with Leah. She makes me laugh all the time. Like when she discovered she can move the bottom of her play pen. I could probably post things all day long, but I supposed there's more to life than blogging. Off to play with my angel!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Yay, go Leah! Arden still does the army crawl...I think she's going to stick to it. She is constantly pulling up on everything. Crazy how time flies!

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Isn't she so freaking cute!? Enjoy the time you have to relax, Allison, before Arden gets mobile.

Leslie said...

Sarah, it is so great to see you posting on here too! I love hearing you talk about Leah! I'm so happy for both of you and for sweet, smart, social Leah!

She goes for it when she wants something. Love watching the evolution of crawling. Every parent and grandparent loves this stuff.

Leslie said...

I love watching and re-watching these little shorts. It is so much fun seeing her grow when I'm not there to enjoy every moment, every new thing. It's addictive, really addictive, and it reminds me how hard it is as a young mother to pull yourself away to do anything else. My advise is just relax about the stuff around the house...it will always be there, and these moments are gone forever. Well thankfully they are always remembered in your blogs, pictures, and videos.