Sarah is at girls camp today, tonight and tomorrow. I am playing Mr. Mom. Now that the night is over, I have three thoughts that I wanted to share:
- My heart melts each and every time Leah smiles at me. Leah smiles a lot, but there are times when I can tell she is looking right at me and the smile she smiles is intended just for me. It warms my soul.
- I changed my second poopie diaper! I know that most who read this will curse my name and consider me an awful Father and Husband. Luckily for me, I don't care what those people think. Yes, I have been blessed with an amazingly understanding wife that takes on that duty for the both of us. For that I am thankful. Trust me, if there was a camera in the room, you would laugh your arse off and feel equally strong emotions of sadness for Leah. I believe it is better for Leah that I don't do this often.
- I love to sing to Leah. There is one song that seems to put Leah's mind, soul and body at ease, that is Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds". This song generally has the desired affect. I don't know if it is my singing, the melody or the words. I like to think it is a combination of the three. Below are the lyrics.
Don't worry, about a thing,
'cause every little thing gonna' be all right.
Singin', dont worry, about a thing,
'cause every little thing is gonna' be all right!
Rise up this mornin,
Smiled with the risin sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', (this is my message to you-ou-ou
Singin', dont worry, 'bout a thing,
'cause every little thing, is gonna' be all right.
Singin', dont worry, (dont worry), 'bout a thing,
'cause every little thing, is gonna' be all right!
Also, thanks to the Ashby's for having me over for dinner. They really take care of us. I have noticed they care for us more since Leah has arrived...hmmmm.
6 comments:
Marque, you are funny. Mike didn't change many poopy diaper either. It doesn't make you a bad daddy at all. Enjoy your daddy daughter weekend.
I just posted a picture of an Elmer Fudd cake I just did so when I saw the name of you post it made me laugh...Waskly Wabbit. :)
oh Q, you have a sweet heart. :)
i love that song too. its my dad's ringer on my phone, cause he makes me feel like everything will be alright. :)
I don't think there is anything wrong with you not changing poopy diapers. The fact that you will when you have to is most important. I never like it when I hear couples keeping score of who's turn it is to change the diaper. In a marriage and family there are so many things that have to be done and there is a reason why we are different - to accomplish everything. I figure Tim goes to work and I don't. I pay the bills and write up the budget and Tim doesn't. It's called teamwork and Sarah obviously gets that too. She's a good woman just like you are a good man. Ok. I'll get off my soapbox now. (I figure if Sarah's gone you have PLENTY of time to read all this.)
P.S. Don't tell Tim that I feel this way - he might try and get out of changing poopy diapers.
Changing poopy diapers is never fun. Sarah is wonderful to take on your share of them. I'm sure Leah is internally laughing at her Daddy's difficulty.
I love hearing your sentimentalities. I love you too!
whatever Q you were just boring before Leah came along. HA HA just kidding love you guys and spending time with you!
Post a Comment