Monday, June 1, 2009

It's About Time...Actually, It's About Self Reliance!

This blog entry is an official apology to those of our friends that we sold down the river!  Our ward, The Orchard Hills Ward, has a focus of emergency preparedness and provident living this year.  We are supposed to be focusing on several things that will help us to become self reliant.  You may recall the entry that spoke of our ward activity in February.  Well, needless to say, emergency preparedness is an area that needed serious attention in the Trosper household.  We wanted 2009 to be the year that we got our butts in gear and stocked up properly in case of an emergency.  The theme for this year could not have come at a better time.  

Anyway, we recently met with a guy named David Cole from the company, Daily Bread.  He is a nice guy and one of those sales guys that don't pressure you for the sale.  They sell meals for emergency preparedness that have a 25 year shelf life.  We started out with a four month supply and are excited that we are now significantly more prepared now than we were last week.  We realize we still have more preparation to do.  He asked for referrals and I willingly gave.  I hope nobody gets angry with me, but we have received much counsel lately to prepare ourselves for tough times.  I thought there may be others out there that need the help as we did.  Feel free to tell him "No" when he calls you...if he calls you.  Ask him about his Grandfather.  He is a nice guy and if you need to get prepared like we did, he can help.  


1 comments:

Tiffany said...

I almost started selling for them-I think it was him that I was talking to too. Good stuff, I would love to be able to stock up on it...if we weren't already starving students! My food storage right now is consisting of ramen noodles and mac and cheese!