Monday, June 15, 2009

If It Nae Scottish, It's Crrrrrap!

Every year we attend the Highland Games and Scottish Festival at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, Utah.  Every year we are less than impressed.  This year was great!  They really put some work into it and it was a big success.  Of course, we had perfect Scottish weather to accompany us...Heavy Downpour!  I bought some shirts and Sarah bought Leah this cute pink plaid skirt.  Here we are about to leave.
Here we are standing in the rain in our backyard.  Sarah's shirt says, "Happily Married to a Scot".
Me and My Wee Lassie, Leah!  Her shirt says, Scottish Princess.
Sarah is quite the Bonnie Lass, now isn't she?!
Leah watching the massed bands and the clan march


Leah says, "Thumbs up to summer!"
Cole has an ear fetish....can you tell?
GRRRRRRRRRRR!  Says, Jakey
Elijah chillin' in Uncle Marque's hammock
Jacob and Leah enjoying the nice weather
And she's out like a light!
This is what happens when Daddy feeds her
She likes to play on Daddy's huge tummy



6 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

Nice to see it documented who wears the pants in that family!!! :-)

Leslie said...

What fun! I am so glad you embrace your Scottish heritage so wholeheartedly! I'm glad Sarah embraces your Scottish Heart wholeheartedly as well.

Did she wear the Scottish family tree I gave her for Mothers Day?

Leah really looked like she was enjoying the bands. Were there lots of pipers? Many doing the highland fling?

I'm glad you get to enjoy this festival so close to home!

Happily Ever After said...

Love the flops/kilt look, not many men can pull that off and it actually works for you Marque! Leah, as always is adorable, that shirt is perfect! Sarah, you are gorgeous! What a sweet family!

Tara said...

Oh, the kilt with the flip flops is classic. That cracked me up! Your girls are gorgeous...both of them. :)

Robb, Rhonda and girls said...

Marque,
Regarding working in the mire and the Sabbath; Very true, and it probably crossed my mind, I believe in that concept. But I work outside in bad weather year round, so I had no excuse.

Leslie said...

Couple of random comments:

Love the new furniture and drapes!
Leah's hair is getting really long, huh? Does she have a little pig tail on top sometimes?
I love seeing these "every day in the life of..." pictures. It makes me feel like I am there.