Friday, June 26, 2009

Just Jeepin' with Joe!

Sarah says, "Hey, Hon!  Let's go Jeepn' with Joe!"
Other than a few spots when it got bumpy, this is what Leah did.  During those bumpy spots, Sarah sat in the back with Leah to help brace her little head.
Ready to hit the Schaeffer Trail
The Mighty Colorado River
Just a couple of buff dudes workin' out.
Cheese!
We went up this entire hill like this with no hands
The Potash Evaporation Pools
On the Trail near Thelma and Louis Point
The Trospers and the Ashbys 

Posing on Thelma and Louise Lookout

It is near impossible to get this little gal to look at the camera!
Joe and Brenda ~  They are like second parents to us.  HAHA
Brenda, Joe and Leah
Joe tried to get Leah to say "Joe" all weekend.  No luck, but she did say MAMA!
"Ooh"
Livin' Dangerously
The Famous Horseshoe Bend in the Colorado River
This is not that high up...
or is it?!
Entering the back door of Canyonlands National Park
Part of the four hour road we took into Canyonlands
The switchbacks seemingly went straight up the cliff
You can barely see the Jeep
Ashbys and Leah at Dead Horse Point
The Horseshoe Bend in the Colorado as seen from Dead Horse Point
These two buttes have been aptly named the Monitor and the Merrimac after the two famous ironclad ships of the Civil War.
The real Monitor and Merrimac
Strong ladies!
Ready to continue
Sarah contemplating Thelma and Louise
Leah the Jeepster
Another Potash Evaporation Pool
An ad?
Crazy Joe

This girl has got to be the cutest car girl ever!

Barefootin'!  Jimmy Buffett would be proud!



Sarah and Joe

Gooney Bird Rock on the way to Little Difficult Canyon
Jeepin' to Gemini Bridges
Sitting on Gemini Bridge looking over Bull Canyon Run
This isn't so bad....
I'm still not scared....
My Mom is going to love this pic!
Pinion Pines
Classic wheel on rock Jeep pose
Joe and his Black Beauty
Wall Street

5 comments:

Rhett and Jenteal said...

Looks like a fun trip! Hope Q had a Happy Father's Day.

RobHeidi Family said...

That looks like a good time to me! After looking at all of your pics I told Rob we need to take the kids to Dead Horse Point. I can't believe how beautiful it is! And now I'm mad that my camera is so lame! When Rob gives me the green light I want you to help me pick a winner!!!

Unknown said...

That was the greatest Jeep ad I've ever seen! Beautiful pictures and fun times!

Anonymous said...

wow! you got some rad pics!

Leslie said...

I can't believe how beautiful it is. I can see why this area is your happy place. Unbelievable!

You guys are sure keeping to your plan to include Leah in your trips. She certainly hasn't slowed you down one bit.

I love her little piggy tails. I remember when Mady's hair was just like that and look how long and thick her hair is now.

Yep, you were right Marque....your Mom "loved" that picture of you way up there on that tiny edge of that giant cliff. Eeeeek!

Glad you had fun and came home safely! And that you had a great first Father's Day!