Sunday, June 28, 2009

Poor Financial Planning by Q!

Economics by Q!  When we were considering moving, we decided to have a garage sale.  The plan was to get rid of some things we didn't want that were a little older and then use the money we made selling those items to buy their newer replacements.  A responsible idea, it may seem.  Well, we made $188 at our garage sale.  We sold a couch, a chair, an ottoman, a grill and a patio table with four chairs.  We then promptly went and spent $399 on a new BBQ grill, $1799 on a new couch and loveseat and $799 on some new patio furniture.  My "freakonomics" put us in the hole roughly $2800 beyond what we made at our garage sale!!!  I am an idiot!  I don't regret it though.  We did shop around and got great deals on everything we wanted and had enough money left over to buy Leah a swimming pool now that Summer has finally decided to arrive.  
The Loveseat and Coffee Table
The Two Chairs and Ottomans
This is Randy T.  He is a great friend and neighbor.  His dog's name is "Little Jerry Seinfeld".  He stopped by last night to chat in the backyard for a bit.  He is leaving in about an hour to serve our country overseas.  I know he reads the blog, so I will say, "Be safe and return quickly, friend".  His comments will likely include some Michigan noise.  
Joe and Leah enjoying the beautiful evening
Brenda and Sarah.  Leah is in the hammock


The talented Leah feeds herself with her feet!  For her next trick....
Look Mom!  No Hands or Feet!
Leah laying out with Lightning watching

Leah enjoying her new pool
Splish Splashin' with Mom!
"This is the shortest lazy river ride ever!"
She is a natural in the water, much like Caitlin.

Her hair is finally long enough to do two pigtails.  She looks like Flick or an Alien with antennae. 
This is my buddy, Carson.  He is a cool little dude!  He was hanging out a bit while I mowed the lawn.  "Hey Neighbor!"

2 comments:

Rhett and Jenteal said...

Just let us know when the BBQ is, we'll be right over to test out the new patio furniture!

Leslie said...

Did you not get the comment I posted on this blog?