Thursday, June 25, 2009

Moab ~ My Happy Place!



Our trip with the Ashbys started with a stop at Ray's Tavern in Green River.  I had heard that they have the best hamburgers in all of Utah.  It is a pretty cool place that welcomes bikers, jeepers and river rats alike.  
Leah was not ever left wanting for love and attention with these two around.
Leah, after much studying of the menu, chose to order the binkey and a shot of formula.
The cheeseburgers were good, but I have a hard time believing they were the best in Utah
What a doll we have
Ray's Tavern ~ Give it a go!
We always are happy to try new restaurants
Moab, Utah ~ My Happy Place!
This is an old hotel that John Wayne used to frequent when he would stay in town to shoot one of the many western movies filmed in and around Moab.
Joe and Brenda immediately had a nap upon arriving at our condo, apply named "Gone Jeepin'"
The Jeeps
No, I didn't really do the dishes while Leah was in the sink.  I just grabbed a clean plate for the photo opp.  Leah was anxious to help though.  She loved taking baths in the sink.
Leah the cowgirl in a Moab store
As always, Leah like to swim.  She even went under the water a few times for very short periods.  
Joe and Leah
Leah sunbathed with Brenda for a while.  It didn't work.  She is still pasty white!
Out like a light after a busy day on the trail.
Sarah washing our little one
Before we left Moab, we visited the "Hole 'N the Rock" which had some of the coolest useless objects to experience such as this jeep made entirely of horse shoes, wrenches, license plates and the such.

I love old signs
I hope my employees don't feel like this
"The Hillbilly Lawn Mower"
What a hottie at the Silver Spur!
Hole N' The Rock is actually a home that is carved right out of the rock.  You can take tours for $4.  It is interesting, but quite creepy.  People are weird!
This Lizard on the side of the Rock is about 25 feet long
Jeep Naked!  It adds color to your cheeks!
Candace was excited to have us home so she could see "her peanut".  I am pretty sure Leah was excited to see her in return.
On my way back to work!  A bad day of Jeepin' in Moab is better than a good day of work in American Fork!
The End!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

This looked like an awesome trip! Your photos are amazing. Leah is such a darling baby...and growing up so fast.

Leslie said...

So glad you guys still ramble around with the baby in tow. You always have such fun. Glad you were able to go with the Ashbys.

Leah doesn't look unhappy cutting her tooth at all. Such a big girl. Her hair is getting longer and thicker isn't it? I LOVE the splashing in the sink....so cute!