I had a good morning with Leah today so that Sarah could sleep in. She was so happy from the second I un-bundled her to the second I left. She ate well, burped well, and smiled the entire time. As I look back, I have two thoughts...
1) How is it that you can love something so much and so quickly as this little baby?! Everyone warned me that it would be like this, but life has more meaning and purpose now and it is all because of Leah. My life had meaning and purpose before, but caring for Sarah (a totally capable adult) is so different than doing so for an infant. I don't even do much of it. Sarah is totally on top of things and I occasionally get to feed her or change a (wet only) diaper. Sarah is an awesome Mom. I dread the day I will have to take care of Leah when Sarah is away for a trip or something. I will not know what to do.
2) Where did the time go?! How did she get so big?! This completely stresses me out! Everyone tells me that they only get to be more fun as they learn and develop. I believe this, but they are only so tiny for so long...I want more! I love it when she sleeps on my chest and cuddles knowing she is totally comfortable and safe. I miss my littler Leah, but my love for her grows as she does.
Sigh.
2 comments:
Sigh!
You have expressed so well the way a parent feels. And then before you know it that baby is 39 years old! I remember so clearly when you were tiny like Leah. Those precious memories will stay with you for a long time...hopefully forever, but we never can tell so hang on to each moment, enjoy it, and when she is 39 years old you will have a quiver full of memories to bless your life.
Who is going to change the diaper (more than wet)when Sarah is on a trip? You will have to make Sarah promise not to take any trips until Leah is potty trained. Get it in writing. HAHAHAHAH!!!
Post a Comment