She is Such a Joy to Me.
I drove to St. George with my neighbors, Brandon Peterson, Alec Clark and Jared Olsen. I have been so blessed with a great neighborhood and ward. We had a great time talking and laughing on our way down. We did stop along the way at a Wendy's to eat (I cheated), but otherwise made great time. After dropping the other two off at friend's homes, Brandon and I checked into the Best Western. I love St. George. I could easily live there if Sarah would let me. Sand Hollow Golf Course...A Must Play if in the St. George Area.
Day one in St. George called for golf....go figure! The guys all went to hit nine holes at the Links course at Sand Hollow. I knew my arthritic body only had 18 holes (if that) in it, so I went to breakfast at the Bear Paw instead. It donned on me as I ate, that my love for eating out has a great deal to do with the social aspect. In other words, I enjoy eating good food, but good food tastes way better if you are eating with good company. Interesting. It didn't sound like I missed much as the course is quite simple compared to the main course. Alec did kill a rabbit with one shot though. That sounded eventful.
Steve Jorgensen
May partner on day one was Steve Jorgensen. Kevin and Eric Franson put together the outing. The golfers consisted of good golfers to social golfers to bad golfers. The group included friends, co-workers and neighbors of the Fransons. It was a good group and everyone had fun.
I hate golfing on courses that have Gentleman Dress Codes. I prefer shorts or jeans, personally. But, none the less, it was too beautiful of a course to complain.
Alec and Brandon Representin' the O-Hills
Alec Clark and Brandon Peterson...These two schooled me and my partner. What a great group to golf with though. No one took the game too seriously. I hate golfing with guys like that. It is a game, you know!? Anyway, The first round was Ryder Cup style, pitting Alec and Brandon's Team agains my and Steve's Team. I played well (for me) and felt good about my performance. We still lost though. Steve came on strong on the back nine which made it closer then, but it was too little, too late.
Pete, Q and AC
I have never met Steve before this trip, but he seems to be a great guy. I really had a fun time golfing with him. Although, he probably would prefer a better golfer, I wouldn't mind being partnered with him on the next trip.
Golfing in Utah has to be one of the most picturesque places to golf in the U.S. The backdrop where e're you go is great!
One of my three partners, Jared McLaughlin (Hopefully I spelled it right.) Beautiful Backdrop, eh?
Day too was golfing at Green Springs in Washington, UT. We played a Las Vegas Scramble with a Lone Ranger at each hole. If you have never played this way before, you should. It was a hoot. Our team lost, but we did have 9 Lone Ranger points which were the highest. I provided 4 of the 5 Lone Ranger points and thus was very happy with my play that day. I golfed an 88.
We had a couple guys back out at the last minute, but luckily, my friend, Gary Chipman was able to drive down in time. I was fortunate to have him on my team the second day. I love golfing with Gary. We are never short on things to discuss or frivolity. Thanks for coming, Gary!
I had a fun time and hope to be invited to future tournaments. There was great company, a good time, and a perfect format. Thanks, Eric and Kevin! The only way it could have been any better is if Sarah and Leah came down with me. Oh well, maybe next time.
4 comments:
Those pictures of you and Leah are priceless.
The scenery is gorgeous...looks like fun. I'd like a little R&R myself.
I am curious to know if you did walk the whole course or gave in and rode in the cart??? That course is amazing... It looks like the course on Wii Play...
Great Shots!! It was good times hanging out with you this past weekend.
I love the pictures of you with Leah. She is just so precious...and you are simply giddy with happiness around her.
Wow, those pictures make me want to take up golf, if it could always be in that scenery.
Did you walk or ride?
Post a Comment