As many of you know, I have registered with the American Fork Steel Days Biggest Loser Contest. I really don't care if I win or not, but I thought it would be a good motivator. It has been a few days so far and so far so good. I have been tempted the last day to drink a soda or eat food I know I shouldn't eat. I am worried if I am already feeling this temptation now, will I have the will power to complete the journey?
When I began the Biggest Loser contest, I started a blog so that I can track what steps I take along the way and analyze what works and what doesn't work. Initially, I made that blog private due to the fact that I am embarrassed of my big fat ass! At this point, I feel the more people I have supporting me and watching me, the more pressure I will feel to stick with it and not look like a loser in the other sense! Anyway. I don't know if that made sense or not, but here is the blog anyway. Please feel free to leave comments, I am depending on you all to fuel the motivational fire I need to finish the race.
4 comments:
Nice!! You are more honest than most. You definately made me laugh out loud. The battle of the bulge is so frustrating!! Good luck
Well letting us all in on it shows that you are in it to win it....or lose it as the case may be.
Do you want company in the effort? If you do I am in. If it is better to do this journey solo, I understand. Just let me know.
You have not spent your entire life dieting, therefore destroying your metabolism, so I think your efforts will be worthwhile. You also have a good self image, and that is worth so much.
I love you, and I know you can do this.
Marque, one of the guys here at work has been going to his personal trainer for a year. He has worked hard, learned a different way of eating and mixed up his exercise routines and has lost according to his scale he lost38 lbs. BUT it was acctually 55 fat lbs and he gained 17 muscle lbs. He has gone from XXLarge to Large shirts and is in size 40 pants. He said he hasn't been in size 40 pants for 20 years. He said to tell you "Don't stop, it is tough and some times very difficult to do what the trainer suggests. You will get frustrated with not getting to eat what you want, but it is definately worth it. Just remember every day is a new day to start again if you jump off the wagon. Just don't jump of and graze to often." and he smiled.
Roger tells me every Monday where they went over the weekend and whether or not he jumped off the wagon and did some grazing and every Tuesday how much he lost every time he weighed in. Sometimes it has only been a pound or two sometimes as much as four in a week. But he has picked several people he checks in with and tells them how good or bad he is doing so they can all encourage him onward. Now we ask, how he is doing and do what we, as friends and co-workers, can to encourage him.
You already have a big support network. You keep it up, we know you can.
You rock! I don't need to watch your numbers to support you and be proud of your efforts, but I think you're brave to do it. Good Luck and best wishes!!!!
Post a Comment