Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Only Thing That Doesn't Change Is The Fact That Everything Changes!

Change is good, right? I think the attitude regarding the change has much to do with how good that change proves to be. In other words, if you approach the change with excitement and the proper perspective, you will find your experience positive. If you approach the change with the expectancy of the change to be a negative experience, it likely will be. We often magically create the results we expect and thus are secretly wanting. We are sometimes sick individuals as we often sabotage ourselves when it is not necessary. I think I am babbling here!

Today I accepted a call from the American Fork West Stake to join the Meadowbrook Young Single Adult Ward as the Ward Clerk. I did so with some reluctancy. Of course, a change in calling often affects people other than yourself. In this case, it also affects Sarah, Leah, Rob Casale, the Valiant 10 class, my goatee and myself. For these reasons, I struggled to know whether I should accept the calling or not. Of course I did accept it...it's what we do. With that said, I am very excited as well. I love the youth (young single adults included) of the church dearly. I am certain this will be a fun experience and I hope to influence those I am called to serve. I am positive I will be influenced by them. I will be working with Brad Myler and his two counselors as well as Bro. Anderig from the Stake. Brad is a great example to me of righteous living and generosity. I only met the others today and they all seem like good men. I am sure I will enjoy this new calling. Sarah and I are both going to make sacrifices, but I believe the Lord will bless us for them.

On a funny note, or maybe not a funny note; when I told Wade Griffiths, it went something like this:
Q - Wade, it was nice knowing you, but I am leaving the ward.
Wade - Why? (sincere look of disappointment) Are you guys moving?
Q - Well, I will be attending a different ward, but Sarah will be staying in our ward. Please take care of her.
Wade - What? (sincere look of sadness while throwing down his baseball mitt) You guys just got a baby!
Q - We aren't getting a divorce! (sincere feeling of guilt) I am going to be serving in the YSA ward bishopric.
Wade - Sigh (sincere look of relief)

Sorry, Wade. There are few people I know that are as good as Wade. Wade, You are the Man!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Good attitude Marque. The Young Adult Ward will be better for it. I know this sacrifice will be hard for both of you...especially attending different wards. Can't Sarah attend with you? But, that said, you will bring so much to the calling!

I love you!

Anonymous said...

Leslie, I am sure that Marque would love to have Sarah and Leah attend with him, but he probably won't for self preservation. So many of the young brethern would be hitting on her, it would be a distraction. ;-)

emily said...

well thank you, i had a good laugh at that commentary between you and wade. :)