Sunday, July 13, 2008

People I know...Jason Valderamma

Jason and I were Hanz and Franz for Halloween in 92

Since this blog has quickly replaced my written journal, I thought I should implement a few of the traditional entries I used to use. One of these traditions is the "People I know" entry. Once a week or so, I would write a few words about people I know. Most of these entries are on individuals I like or have learned from, but occasionally may include a less than liked individual.
Brock Bliss, Dear Old Dad, Yours Truly, Tim VanBuskirk, Jason Valderamma, Scott Trosper and Jim Trosper

Jason Valderamma - aka - JJ, Jayjaykapay, White Bean, Jose, Valdehoohoo. After 25+ years I still misspell his last name. Jason David Valderamma hails from Chino, California. This is where our paths first crossed and we have been good friends ever since. Jason is the middle child of Rudy and Deanna. Jason has an older sister, Keri and a younger brother, Joshua. They are a fun family. Jason graduated from Don Antonio Lugo High School in 1989. He served a mission in the Florida, Tampa Bay mission. After our missions, we served together in the Chino Heritage Ward (I think that was the name) bishopric. I was a counselor to the Bishop and he was the executive secretary. Jason married another adolescent friend, Melanie Eliason. Together they have two children, Dylan (6 I think) and Brooke Lynn (4 I think). Jason is a loving husband and a caring father. Jayjaykapay was one of my groomsmen along with Tim VanBuskirk. Jason, Tim and I are The Three Amigos. Jason works at Professional Marketing International (PMI) and has done so for 5 years now. He is an internet marketing consultant. He learns quickly and has genuine concern for his clients. If I had to sum Jason up in one word, I would say friend. Jason is the most loyal guy I know. I am almost certain I can call Jason for anything and he would do his best to deliver the assistance I needed. He is a peacemaker (except in sports). He is loving. He is childlike, thus amazing with children. He loves to play sports, but has gained a bit of weight as he has gotten older (believe me I am not criticizing). He is a huge fan of Southern California sports; The California Angels (I refuse to call them the Los Angeles Angels), The Los Angeles Lakers and THE University of Southern California. He is one of the biggest San Francisco Forty-niner fans I know. He loves music and movies. I could probably go on and on. He is a good friend. It seems like I have been so busy lately and fear he will think I am not a good friend. I would do anything for him and his family though. I am happy to know Jason.
Golfing with Mike Hopkins and Jason Valderamma

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I love Jason too!!!! He's another one of my "other" sons! But I thought his name was Valderrama. I still think you don't know how to spell his name Marque. HAHA!

Casey said...

AAHHH! Jason. We sure miss him. Glad to hear he's doing well. Tell him hi! and that he needs a blog so I can snoop in on his family also.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.