Sunday, July 6, 2008

I Love Sarah!!!!


The boys acting like bears in the bear den at Discovery Gardens of Thanksgiving Point

It was sooooo hot!  Cole is spraying my legs with water trying to cool me down.
Sarah and Jakey in the kiddie slide.
Elijah running on the slip n' slide, or as Elijah called it, the "swip n' swide"
Sarah and the boys in front of Noah's Ark at the Discovery Gardens


I love Sarah.  I was going to create this post simply to cover what we did this weekend, but I couldn't think of a witty title.  Sarah came home from girl's camp on Friday morning and I feel like I still haven't seen her.  Of course, Friday was the 4th of July, which inherently is a busy day filled with people and events.  That means no time for Sarah and me.  We typically hang out with the neighbors on Independence Day, but there were like seven families missing.  It was fun and laid back, but not the same.  The Reeds and Ostlers joined the neighborhood festivities.  I hope no one minded.  Sarah's friend Hillary Hammond and her family also came into town on Friday from Oregon.  

The neighborhood gig had the usual activities, water slide for the kids, the worlds largest and longest slip n' slide for everyone, bar-b-que, fireworks, etc.  The fireworks started with a moment of silence for Ryan Cox.  Ryan loved fireworks...but mostly the fun and illegal kind.  He always brought a BANG (literally) to the 4th of July party.  We even had firecrackers dispersed as part of his flower arrangements for his funeral.  We missed him this year.  The moment of silence lasted for about two minutes while we lit the largest fountain we had.  No "oohs" or "ahhs".  Just the sound of the fountain and our thoughts of Ryan.  

The next day I went golfing in the morning with Gary Chipman, Brandon Peterson and Paul Webb.  I really like golfing with these guys.  They enjoy golf for the game that it is, but they still have fun.  I played okay...not great, but not bad either.  One of the guys, who shall remain nameless, got pretty frustrated on one hole and threw his club.  It broke in two.  I felt bad for Paul.  Oops.  Also in the morning, the Reeds, Pierces and Hammonds came over to do stuff.  Still no time for me and Sarah.  We all had a fun time at the Thanksgiving Point Gardens.  This place really is impressive and so beautiful.  After almost getting heat stroke we finally left the place and had dinner at Bajio.  

Family and friends are so important and it is a blessing we have so many.  I always enjoy spending time with my nephews, Elijah, Cole and Jakey.  They are generally good kids and are really fun to play with.  I hope they had fun too.  We don't have anything planned the next week, so I look forward to watching a movie or two with just me and Sarah.


4 comments:

Leslie said...

I love Sarah too!

Thanks for taking us along on your wonderful adventures. You REALLY do write well. I enjoy being the Walter Mitty to your experiences.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing a little about Ryan. I sure miss him. It makes me happy to know people are still thinking about him, I know I am. I'm sorry I missed out on the 4th of July fun. It sounds like it was a good time.

emily said...

i also love sarah too. although you missed her i had lots of fun with her at camp - even if she did break our paddle boat.

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

I love Marque! He does such a great job on "our" blog. It's good to be back home with my sweetie. What a fun summer so far! Sometimes it's non-stop fun, but I love all the memories we've collected with family and friends. It's funny when the Hamptons came to town we told them how cool the Thanksgiving Point Gardens would be to see, but we had never been there. Well, now we have and they are beautiful. What fun we had splashing around Noahs' ark, going through the winding maze, and facing the scary bear cave. Thanks kids for hanging out with us! Summer now is about getting ready for baby, scout camp, and the Johnson family reunion....and my birthday!!