Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Love Summer Nights


The last time I was tagged, I was asked what my favorite hobby is. I would like to change my answer. Driving around. Let me elaborate. I love driving my Jeep with the top off at night in the summer time. Around 8pm, the temperature drops to around 80ish and the sun softens. Nothing is better than putting on some Bob Marley or other good music and driving just to drive. It is great. I really don't know how to elaborate how pleasing this is. Tonight I was driving and there was a beautiful sunset. It made me miss SoCal a bit. The most beautiful sunset in Utah is probably equivalent to the average SoCal sunset. With that said, I still would rather live here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love driving around too. That is when I get some of my best thinking done.

Amy Lynn said...

Oh, I love summer nights as well. I like to step out on the front porch and sit and watch the world go by. Maybe with a great rootbeer popsicle...and we do have great sunsets in Utah!

Amy Lynn said...

And I don't think I commented a couple of weeks ago when I read your blog about adopting...CONGRATULATIONS! What an incredibly exciting event! Thanks for sharing your journey...I look forward to hearing about all the new adventures that are headed your way.

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

So true, Katie. Sometimes it is great just to drive around with the music off and think.

Rootbeer popsicles? Really? Thanks for the info, Amy. I had no idea they existed. Sarah keeps me in the dark.

eran said...

Driving topless in a jeep...who does that?