Monday, July 28, 2008

New Hymn

Yesterday at church, the choir sang Hymn #224, "I Have Work Enough To Do". I don't think I have heard it before, or at least I don't remember hearing it before. I really enjoyed the words of this hymn and thought I would share it with you all.

I have work enough to do, Ere the sun goes down.
For myself and kindred too, Ere the sun goes down.
Ev’ry idle whisper stilling, With a purpose firm and willing,
All my daily tasks fulfilling, Ere the sun goes down.

I must speak the loving word, Ere the sun goes down.
I must let my voice be heard,Ere the sun goes down.
Ev’ry cry of pity heeding, For the injured interceding,
To the light the lost ones leading, Ere the sun goes down.

As I journey on my way, Ere the sun goes down.
God’s commands I must obey, Ere the sun goes down.
There are sins that need confessing, There are wrongs that need redressing,
If I would obtain the blessing, Ere the sun goes down.

2 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

OK...I'm glad someone else was hearing the hymn for the first time. When I saw all of them holding a hymn book, I got one out and looked it up. How can you seriously be a member your entire life and never, ever even heard of a hymn before? Kept me busy the rest of sacrament meeting looking up what else I was missing in that book of surprises!

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

I am all for the choir singing new songs. I hate it...I really HATE it when the congregation sings new songs. It sounds pathetic. I don't know who picks the songs, but I prefer to be a creature of habit when it comes to singing hymns....stick to the usuals. This was a great song though, wasn't it.