Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Have I Mentioned I Love American Fork?!

I am so blessed and in so many ways. Family, friends, employment, etc...Too many to count. Two of the great blessings I enjoy regularly are my job and where I live. My job allows me to take long lunches if I desire. Typically, I work through lunch, but occasionally I take advantage of it. It truly is a blessing to have a job with such autonomy. People often ask what I do with my long lunches. Sometimes I go golfing, to lunch or to a movie, but my favorite thing to do is go for a drive up the American Fork Canyon. The canyon is about five minutes from my home. It is where I go hiking, driving, sledding, and off-roading. I especially like to throw in some good music and cruise with the top off. (The Jeep's top, not mine). It is so beautiful this time of the year, but too crowded as thousands flock to the canyon to watch the leaves light the mountainsides with bright colors of red, amber, orange and yellow. It is beautiful in the fall. Unfortunately, the lens on my camera is having issues so I didn't stop to take any pictures, but you can enjoy the canyon in all it's colorful glory by clicking here to see last years blog entry. Last week I drove up the canyon for lunch and took my video camera with me. The Maples were turning, but not yet the Aspens. It is still beautiful. I included some of the footage here to the tunes of "The Kings of Leon". Enjoy, but try not to get car sick!

3 comments:

emily said...

Have I ever mentioned how I love Kings of Leon? Cool footage too, it was fun driving up the canyon for a bit.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the ride...it's been awhile since I was up that canyon!

Leslie said...

I sat here at my desk eating clam chowder while traveling through American Fork canyon with you on your long lunch. Except I didn't feel the wind in my hair.

Did you really get all that way in 6 minutes 44 seconds?